[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

que la vie est difficile!

Bah! I've to make a decision...about whether to join choir or not. I emailed my french teacher about it and he's kindly agreed to allow me to skip half an hour of french on fridays just so that I can go for choir practices. sigh. It's so hard to decide. On one hand, it's a good start that at least I can skip a little bit of french...but I'm not too sure whether the teacher-in-charge will allow it. On the other, I was also thinking about joining something new, since I've already been in the cca for 4 years...and I'm not particularly all that good a singer.

That brings me to the audition today. Gee. Miss Lim was really nice about it...guiding me through the tests. But the thing is, I was waaaay too soft. It's sad because I was so nervous I could hardly sing anything at all...I just get wrecked nerves everytime I've to sing solo. Darn. Why must I be like thaaaat? Bummer.

I've been attempting hard all this while to convince myself that perhaps hwachong isn't all that bad. It sucks having to be a second intake student. There seems to be this stigma about second intake students being "less capable" than the first intake students. Apparently, they even got the statistics to back them up! Can you beat that? *groans* That's why we (as in the poor second intake students...) have to contend with horrible treatment like teachers passing insensitive remarks (now now, won't go into specifics...) about how we should really work doubly hard. Hey. Let's get our facts right. Most of us did go to a junior college in the first three months...and we know our stuff alright. Ok...at least I did. I paid attention to most of the lectures...

And here's another newsflash. 12 hours of economics lectures after school. 4.45pm to 6.45pm every tuesday. Hohoho. Lucky us! Revision for all the topics I've already covered. I admit that I've done most of the topics already covered in hwachong, like the central problem of economics, demand and supply, elasticity concept. Well, except for a small chunk on consumer surplus and production deficit. But surely that doesn't warrant for a full 12 hours of lectures on stuff I've already learnt? It's horribly unfair...but for now, swee and I are going to take those multitude of lectures as a good form of revision. God forbid the tragedy of it all. I'm wondering how long this will last. A good whole term, I reckon.

Darn. Why am I such a "blog-bitch" sometimes? I complain sooooo much it gets on my nerves.

Ok. Mission impossible number one. Integrating into 05S71. All the boys there are from the school next door except me! Geeeee. But at least they're friendly enough...despite the fact that they've more or less formed a clique already. I'll try...my best to make friends.

Sometimes I wonder if raffles was all that bad....ARGH. Here I go again!

5 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello number one i guess,,,thanks for the note,and i will see what can i do about the picture not showing,because it was seen by others,bon,je crois qu'essayer une nouvelle chose autre que le choir peut etre magnifique,comme tu pourrais etre brillant dans d'autres choses,et felicitations , moi je ne savais pas que tu as une belle voix,c'est geniale,entretemps moi j'aime chanter,mais ma voix n'est pas tellement belle elle est fine un peu,parce que sur telephone les gens me prennent comme etre ma mere,madame hachem lol..Mais quand j'imite les artistes femelles ma voix sera geniale...
Bon,donne toi ,un peu plus du temps pour juger bien la decision ainsi conçue par toi,et c'est pas joli, etre considéré comme un eleve du second degre,ces gens la prennent la majorité comme etant le tout, c'est assez stupide...
Et bonne chance quant a chasser de nouveaux amis....bye...take care...

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again mon ami, ecoute, pour voir la photo,simplement attend un peu , parce que la photo a besoin du temps pour etre etablie,ok,,merci ,,,,bye

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

oh yea..even in NJC, they treat all the 2nd in-takers like complete idiots. they were saying something like, "how can u people even think of skipping the make-up lectures esp since u did not attend njc for the first 3 months, and don't know what A lvl physcis is all abt...
well at least, i get to see rv pple wherever i walk;)

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah delving into ur daily happenings is alright lah.. its ur own blog afterall, all for u to rave and rant. but plsplspls dont regret making the choice!.. no point lah. there are gd points, there are bad points too. hope u make great friends soon=) dont join choir lah! try something new..now that pearls sys is abolished. haha.. if not no chance le. =p

HC's makeup lessons are mad. like twice of nj's. swee said they mark attendance yah?.. u're gonna commit like so much time on those topics.. but yah lor. can treat them as revision i guess..

hey we are separated by a bridge!.. haha.. can meet up=D

0.6 of mah christian name:
MAV =D

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger kooku_gal said...

agree with the 2nd intakers been out of place, though we are'nt really treated with contempt or anything..oh well..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home