[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, May 15, 2005

heaven and hell are real!

Gospel Sunday today. The church invited a guest speaker from Hope Sanctuary to give a special evangelistic sermon on the realities of heaven and hell. As a christian, well, I felt that it further strengthened my faith because I know God has promised a place in heaven after I die. But for non-believers, I guess the message sent across was a little different. As hard as I tried to persuade my mum to go for the sermon, secretly hoping that she'd convert, she didn't. Bah. I'm terribly worried about her salvation! *sigh* I'll just have to pray about it I guess.

Something was quite perplexing though. The pastor mentioned about people having "visions" after they died about hell and heaven...and some of the accounts that he mentioned included people seeing the "half demonic and half human creatures" which are part of the Buddhist's impression of hell. Yet, if it is true that these demons exist, why aren't they mentioned in the Bible? And so what exactly is hell? Does it include the hell that other religions talk about? I wanted to ask the pastor after the service about that, but I guess they were all too busy trying to receive the new believers. Oh wells.

Yay! Just one more baptism class left before I become a communicant member of the church and to my baptism ceremony! Yippee! =)) Mav asked about the need for baptism..and well, it's true that although I'm a Christian, it's important that I go for the baptism ceremony. This is because baptism is a public declaration of one's faith and that one is "burning his bridges" so to speak...And people who were baptised as a baby should also go for confirmation classes, which are exactly the same as baptism classes except that they don't get baptised a second time. Just thought I'd explain that portion. Oh yes...and after you get baptised, you become a member of the church and you have to participate in elections of deacons and elders and the such. =))

Managed to finish my chem tutorial and biology tutorial. Yesss. I love productive weekends. I'm sooooo not a mugger, thank you. Real muggers mug a lot more than me! =))

Have a great weekend (whatever that's left!).

Just one more week. One more week.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am the first!! yeah. SEAN!! dont worry k! i will pray for ur familyyyyy!! =) i am so happy for u that u gonna get baptised. my baptism was well..amazing for me. not the entire formality thingy. but its the 'aftermath'. how my baptism helped me TOTALLY to stop me from backsliding. like TOTALLY la. hope ur family can come for ur baptism ceremony. its really important that ur family comesss!! =) yupp. i am crapping here. just wanna let u know, that i am REALLY happy for u that u gonna get baptised. =) yeah man.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=)
benjamin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home