[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, May 06, 2005

hm...past past participle?

I think my chemistry teacher's living in a time warp. here's the proof for it.

"I think some students understooded wrongly the concept."

Like what in the heavens is understooded? Past past participle?

Understooded (verb) Perfect past participle of the verb "understand".
Eg. I think I understood what you were saying, but previously, I was a little confused, so I understooded not.

Lol...now I think she can understand, understood and understooded. OH whatever she means. Crappy grammar drives me up the wall.

French lesson today was fun. Watched some programmes and some commercials while learning how to write proper advertisements and "testimonials". Had loads of fun! Yay. I'm just wondering why they must have the lesson at 5.30pm. People are hardly awake at that hour! Awww hell. And I feel so bad about monsieur who has to keep a monologue like 99.9% of the time because our class is just dead quiet.

Project work has been great. What's with coming up with ideas that are constantly rejected? My brain juices are officially sapped...zero...zilch. Nothing is up there. And I have to think of two new ideas for discussion. That's easier said that done. Oh well. At least my juniors will have to undergo the horrors of project work as well. Tsk tsk tsk. Some minister's evil plan about having students "work harmoniously in groups and to learn essential skills". whaaaatever. The only thing I'll ever learn is how to be more tolerant of the insane amount of work that I have to handle.

Next week's the hwachong hell week. Declared officially by yours truly. Let's see now.

Chemistry SPA (science practical assessment, mind you.)
Maths test (of which there are two topics which I've never seen in my entire life...)
GP essay test
French contrôle (equivalent to a CA...but just crazily difficult)

Hm...how am I going to survive next week is entirely up to your imagination. And my sympathies really go out to mingtse. Seriously. She has to endure like 6 hour practices after school for four times next week. OK. That's really baaaaad. I'll keep you in prayer, mingtse. =)

Now now now. Thank God it's Friday. I think I'll be "sick" tomorrow so that I can skip sports day. 7.15am? Over my dead body. As of now, I think it's close to that.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger pam said...

(: hehhh, i have 3SPAs and 3tests next week too!! argh, well.. one day at a time. ya know i'm quite used to e term understooded.. cuz of sjab seniors and officers. they somehow ALL use that word to ask if we understand what they're teaching :s hehheh. it's really quite normal! anyhow.. all e best for your PW. that's e only reason i'm awake at this weird hour. God bless (:

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger BenJ said...

hi sean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home