[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

my mind's aflight

The evening hangs beneath the moon,
a silver thread on darkened dune.
With closing eyes and resting head
I know that sleep is coming soon.

Upon my pillow safe in bed,
a thousand pictures fill my head.
I cannot sleep, my mind's aflight,
and yet my limbs seem made of lead.

If there are noises in the night,
a frightening shadow,
a flickering light,
then I surrender unto sleep,
where clouds of dream give second sight.

What dreams may come,
both dark and deep,
of flying wings and soaring leap.

As I surrender unto sleep,
sleep.

-Charles Anthony Silvestri

I'm totally enamoured with the lyrics of "Sleep"!! Ahhh. Doesn't it paint a really beautiful picture in your mind? It reminds me of the countless nights during which I was suffering from insomnia...and partially also because I was either thinking of something or someone. Awww heck. Bottomline being - the lyrics rock. Another compelling reason why you guys should come for the concert. I'm desperate. We're going to sing really nice songs on that day...no hardcore choral stuff. =)) So please support your schoolmates/classmates or whatever!!

Anyway, I had a productive weekend last week. Attended two concerts in all. =)

ACJC choir concert - Personally, I feel that the overall performance of the choir that day was good. Not exactly remarkable or anything memorable...but good enough. They definitely deserve the gold with honours that they were accorded with. In terms of the programming, I thought that there were a few interesting songs...like "The Beautitudes", where the choristers actually turn and face each other...and there's a short section where half the choir actually speaks. Cool. However, there were too many hardcore choral works which I felt didn't connect with the audience. Not that the pieces were not good. In fact, I felt that they were done pretty well. Just that it isn't something an average layman will be able to appreciate. Oh wells. The choir sang really well.

There was this particular soprano in the alumni choir that's super strong. She has so much resonance in her voice that I could hear her even when I'm sitting right at the back in the circle seats. Technically, I htink she's far beyond any of the choristers onstage, but because she's so brilliant, her voice really sticked out like a sore thumb. She could have done with a solo part! ahahhaa...

HCI String Ensemble concert - Wow. It was an eye opener for sure. I enjoyed the octet performance the most because they were so in tune with each other and at least I couldn't tell that there were any major screwups. Credit has to be given to the soloists for the Four Seasons! They were all very very very good! I'm not kidding. It's no wonder that they all have their diplomas - I think. Hahaha...Mingtse, you played really well! =D

We sang Binnama during practice today as usual...and there's this part where the basses have this weird humming part. Hahaha...Miss Lim commented that the only girl in the choir who can probably do the humming part good enough's Jilyn and she officially made the quote of the day.

"You mean I can sing the bass part?"

LOL!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo=)
jiayouuU!
mav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home