[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, May 22, 2005

what on earth are they singing?

I'm still left with 4 tickets to sell. *frustrated* arrrgh. Why why why. I've tried to come up with plausible reasons why people don't want to come for our concert. Here goes.

  1. People don't understand what on earth are we singing. What's bin nam ma? Some rude word hurled at our mums??
  2. People are bored by us standing about on stage making funny facial contortions. But do you know that it's awfully difficult trying to come up with actions to accompany our songs? The last time I was in a choir, we had to go into formations and do actions while singing. It was excruciatingly difficult trying to recall the lyrics, have good technique and yet get the actions right! urghs. And someone commented that we didn't sound too good on stage. What's new?
  3. "I can't appreciate choral music!" Arrrrgh. That's why all the more you should go in and listen with an open heart and at least try to get the message. I mean, we don't sing silly tribal songs and go "ooo ah ah!! grrrr" you know.
  4. "I don't have 12 bucks" Lies, lies and more lies.
  5. And the winning excuse goes to..."I have to go out on that day". *screams and tears the head of my teddy bear off*
Alright. That being said, I'm quite glad that at least there are people going for our concert. Afterall, we've practised so hard and the least anyone can do is to go and listen with an open mind - even if you haven't been in a choir before and know nuts about singing using your diaphragm. =)

I'm waiting to hear the string ensemble play tonight at our school auditiorium. Hm...BenJ will be coming too! So that's great. Hahaha...I bet he's going to make a lot of remarks about our "cheena"-fied auditorium. Point being, what's with the garishly strong headlights at the side and the red *gasp* walls? Well...at least it's big though. Not "big" big, but just big. If you get what I mean. =)

Today's a special day. I made it through the newspaper!! Yessss. Go me, go me! One small step in becoming a better GP student. It doesn't matter that I read the Sunday Times filled with a surprising amount of tabloid news...but at least I'm making an effort! A small one nonetheless. =)) Read the article about the female scholar slamming NS guys yet? In my opinion, any self-respecting man who's completed the gruelling period so affectionately known as NS should read it. How can anyone, including me, who's never been through NS, ever say that men should not complain about their NS days? It's an unjustifiable comment that will send any NS man irate! Argh. I don't think girls will ever realise how hard it is in there...so they'll think that it's men's fault that we're trying to be whiny over here...but seriously, will they ever understand? OH wells. I'm not exactly looking forward to NS, but I sure won't lambaste NS men for being so whiny about how much their instructors have been "tekan"-ing them during their NS days.

I heard that there's going to be a blogger convention coming up. Hm...that'll be pretty cool for a change. Anyone'd like to go?

"Choir, this is very important. It's so sad, you know? You guys practise so hard and yet no one wants to come and watch you sing!" -Miss Lim

6 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

yea.. i tot all those comments made by philip yeo were like so stupid and superficial lorz..
i realli don't see what's wrong wif guys complaining about a demerit good that they are forced to consume for 2 years of their lives...
perharps girls should trying just spending 2 years doing nothing, but run up n down a hill. maybe they wuld understand then...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

o yea.jia yOu for the concert;)

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...the point being, girls like to have a certain image of guys you know, tough and manly kind that they can depend on and feel secure with if they are the more ...well...romantic, conservative type. and for those feminists out there, the whining just makes good stepping stones, to get right over your heads that is. =) so, either way, no one is saying that you can't feel tired and tortured, just that whining is not very good for your image that's all. =P

I don't think guys like it very much if females have to whine about cooking, doing housework and everything or just about, well, whining about the things that guys feel are essentially female matters that they can be trusted with to carry through. Or even a teacher in training whining about the tough training to his students and all.
It's just an preconceieved image that some people have regarding other groups of people. And for me, i think it's just a strength of your character. If it's hard, suffer it and don't complain. At least that's what happens in theory anyway, i know most people can't do that in practice. Complaining is an essential part of making things less tough and tedious. It's a mental defence to get the serious things out of your system and to prevent breakdown.

Right, i hope nobody come and sue me or send hate mails for this =)
Train hard for your choir concert! and if you don't want to ask me if i've bought your ticket yet... i'm..ei. seriously considering. seriously. period.

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... I'm not too sure if you should be criticising Mr Philip Yeo's comments... ;)

And Suwai, I believe "I'm considering" or "I'll consider" equates to a "NO" 99% of the time...

I shan't comment on those remarks by whomever(s) because I hate to bring myself down to the level of kids with childish ravings.

 
At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha initially was quite reluctant to go...concerts are quite boring unless u're the one performing or u've heard the songs..


and linxin's been pestering me for awhile.. hahhaha

i know the least i can do is to go down and support u guys! i know u guys will do great lah..just jiayou okay!! IM GOING =D


yep,
mav

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger BenJ said...

suwai thinks she writing an entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home