[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

il y a tant de choses à savoir















I lead a sad life indeed.

I'm so SIAN about the whole idea of mugging. It's one thing to want the As, but another issue altogether when push comes to shove and you end up playing the piano or lounging around the house doing absolutely nothing productive at all. Not good. But I'm making progress! Slowly but surely.

Nope, don't think I'm ever to finish my biology on time. There's just way too much. Too. Bloody. Much. And I resent the fact that I'm always having to memorise things and then have myself forget them as soon as I go on to revise something else. Sheesh! Retention! Retention! - I chant.

All that being said, this period of gloomy mugging is still, much thankfully, filled with rather eventful stuff. For one, the PSC seminar was a huuuuuge encouragement. I think for now, I'm more than willing to go to France to study! Hm. It was reassuring at least. And although the food was rather pitiful, the exhibition at the end of the day did help to answer some of my questions. The whole atmosphere screamed "COMPETITION! COMPETITION!". Hell. Now it's just about persuading the board to gimme the scholarship. Oh yes. Persuasion. It's an art.

Yvonne's off to Sciences-Po! We sent her off on Sunday night after much "good luck" and "LAST FLIGHT ALREADY!" from her mum, no less, and it was a touching moment. Yvonne's very much the person who we all look up to - we all referring to the french students. I mean, she did French literature all by herself and now she's on a scholarship to actually go to France to study! Like how cool is that? Now we're all aspiring to be like her - going off to chic France, hanging out in cafes (ah! Immersion programme!), and just perfecting the language. Should be a great experience for her. She'll love it.

And I realised Sciences-Po has an excellent programme. Broad-based, though it doesn't allow as much diversity in the courses you can study. It's very strong in the social sciences and it even allows you to do an immersion in the third year of studies! Ah. Parfait.

To make all of that come true, it's back to the heart for now.

Biology. WHOOZA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home