[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Crawling out of my pile of work.

ARGH. I stick by what I said, even though I said it as if I was in my own world, emmett. Ha. Ok, if only for the sake of saying it for the cathartic effect.

***

There. Loads of work to be done, but only so much time on my hands, as usual. I burnt up my whole weekend doing other stuff besides my work. So far, I've only finished a grand total of 10 Money and Prices MCQ! WHEE. Hm. Will have to finish as many MCQ questions (Money and Prices and Nervous System) plus half of my S chem questions *groans*.

MP attachment today was ok. The only useful part was the dialogue session with the ministers, namely Teo Chee Hean and Raymond Lim. We were given a list of questions to "plant" just in case there wasn't anyone to ask sensible questions on national policies. But hell. Those residents sure had a lot of things on their minds! Along the way, there were of course people like us who asked the prepared questions, so I was rolling my eyes whenever they asked the question to the ministers word for word on the script. Sheesh.

***

[edit] Yes, an entry long overdue. I hardly have the time and resolution to update my blog anymore. Funny how it actually comes down to resolution to blog and not just for the spontaneity and enthusiasm to write about my mundane life. Guess it's a sign that my interest in blogging is waning? Shucks.

Life over the past few weeks has been eventful, filled with stuff like the recital (oh. my. goodness.) and of course the NS medical checkup. Quick updates.

Recital went bad. Though not as bad as I thought it would be, I did play quite a fair bit of wrong notes here and there, amounting close to ten! Some were the 3rd notes, so they were fairly obvious...but others, I think I managed to get away with the playing of the left hand only. I lost the tenor halfway through his aria! Oh. That was the worst bit, definitely. I was trying so hard to bring him back into the piece after my suspiciously long piano "solo" and I impromptued quite a bit, like playing his part and slowing down...in the hope that he might come in. Wherever it may be. Thank God he did come in, in the end...but I still feel quite bad about it. Sigh. It all goes to show that I cannot perform after a mere two weeks of practice. And not two full weeks at that!

NS medical checkup was ok. The most awkward bit was when we had to pee into this little red bottle. It was so small! Sheesh. But that was the weirdest thing I've ever done. Took me a good 6 hours to finish all the tests, including the vocational test which consisted of a gazillion IQ-related questions. Couldn't answer most of the physics questions. So there.

Yay! Holidays are abound for the next few weeks. Can't wait!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

haha.. the recital wasnt tt bad lah.. at least we pulled off everything. hehz.. :D and wow.. to just go up on stage after less than 2 wks of prac.. sean arh u pro laah!! i wldnt dare to lorz.. haha..

eee... i hate pee-ing test.. i mean the part when they make ppl pee into the miserable bottle.. i haven had my chkup yet but i wonder wat wld happen if my bladder decide to be cranky on tt day i have no pee.. bleeahhs.. wat if excretion doesnt work on tt day?? wat if my nephrons go weird.. or my PCT/DCT go crazy... argghh

kkz gg a lil crazy.. haha.. and physics sucks.. :X:X oops.. and u arhh!! go train SBJ kkz?? pls dun go army earlier laaah..

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!

we're coming for your concert! haha get us good seats!!!!

christl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home