[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

You actually like GP?

Yes, I happen to genuinely like GP, Jiahui. =) Hm...I thought about it for awhile and figured that if I were ever going to be a teacher (not my first choice profession, I assure you. My mum can vouch for that.), I'd choose to be either a GP teacher or a french teacher at the MOELC. The reasons are more than apparent. At least for both the subjects, you have some control as to what you want to teach the kids! For example, my french teacher did a great job making lessons interesting during JC french and each time I see some of my friends still continuing to study the language, I whack myself across the head for not doing A level french. Then again, that would mean that I'd be in VJC now, hanging out in the chic and exclusive french LEP room with the other 4 french LEP students. Sigh!

Had to rush out of choir today much thanks to my indecisiveness. I never thought that I'd do the DELF B2 this year until Christl asked me whether I was going to do DELF B2 or DALF C1. Like C1?? That's equivalent to about 7 to 8 years of studying french! DELF B2 is roughly equivalent to the A level french paper so I figured I'd have more of a chance of passing, especially considering the donkey years since I last spoke, listened or even written french! Must buck up! Point being, today was the last day for the registration of the DELF exam. For you information, there are only four days for the registration of the DELF exam. Yes, four pathetic, consecutive days. And you can't even register online! You have to make your way down to the Alliance Française to register. SHEESH. The french embassy should really lengthen the time period for the registration! Imagine busy people like me (*coughs*!) who actually have to MAKE time to make my trip down, onlly to register for ten minutes. Absolute waste of time.

***

My granduncle was robbed in Malaysia by two Malay guys wielding parangs. And those two guys were really sneaky! They sat in a Mercedes Benz (all spanking new, even! Then again, it was most likely stolen!) all the time outside the house, waiting for the most oppurtune time to force my hapless and pitiful uncle to grab stuff from the house. They stole about $10,000 worth of goodies - just by brandishing that 6-inch parang!

"They were probably in need in money...maybe that's why they didn't kill him." - my mum

I instinctively had a reflex response to that statement. How could anyone rob someone even if he was desperate for money? I mean, it's unjust! And uncalled for. He could have worked for the money, isn't it?

Then I remembered that side of me who's always empathising with the alleged culprit. Am I being hypocrite? How can I argue for one stand when I'm discussing issues like these with my friends and yet not walk that talk when something similar actually happens to a close kin?

Sometimes, I think I'm too much of an idealist. I'm always believing in the better half of everyone...but then again, what's with the reflex response? Am I actually contradicting myself? Do I argue the other side of the story just so that I can be different? Special?

I'm going to try to marry the two ideas. Walk the talk, definitely.

***

So. Project Work results are going to be released tomorrow. I just want to get a band two. PLEASE. That's not being greedy, right?

Biology - 55. That makes a C under the new grading system which greatly eases the chances of scoring decent grades. It used to be that poor hwach students have to garner 75 or more marks just to get A for a subject. But not now! Everyone's rejoicing because now, you only need 70 marks! And for a B, you only need 60 marks, compared to an obscene score of 68 to get a B in the past. 68!! That's almost equivalent to an A in other junior colleges. Oh well. I'm quite happy with my biology result. What did I tell you? I tried a new method of studying and hey, it worked! I got the exact same result, with even a marginal improvement! Yay.

I'm totally confused by the human kidney. I need to read my notes! Argh.

***

Many programs during the weekends! Have I over-committed myself? Nah. Love the fun.

6 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

weekends!!! means choir outing!! haha.. :)

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GP rocks!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger crossbearer said...

hahaha...who else could that have come from? hahaha...I like the subject too. ho hum.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but hewlens dont take gp! I like my Gp teacher though..which makes GP a more pleasant subject...

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha... True, Benj... And to clarify, I like the essay part, not the comprehension section. :P

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, Salut, Sean,J'espere que tout va bien avec toi, la derniere fois que tu as ecrit etait le 12, on est le 23 !!! tout va bien?
Je suis content pour toi, concernant la bio, c'est genial qu'on a amelioré le system de notes.
Je suis désolé pour ton oncle, merci dieu qu'il est resté intouché,ben tu as raison, quand ca touche la famille, les idées tendent a etre plus maleableset moins sympathiquesavec les autres...
Bonne chance .... prens soin de toi...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home