[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, August 17, 2006

just need that little spark.

I've been receiving quite a bit of mail from this Pangya (what a dumb name!) crap and it's tempting me to play! Can't afford that now at this crucial moment! I've yet to set goals for myself this prelims, but realistically speaking, I think I'm going to set higher goals for myself this time round to spur myself! Yes, go me.

Chemistry S today was great. You know what? I think the S papers are always a humbling experience. It reminds me of so much that I've yet to know...but I love the challenge. And it's kinda fun seeing how everyone in the whole lecture theatre gets stuck at the same part in a particular question, how some brainiacs can score like 18/20 for an organic chemistry test...and so much more. It's like, when I look at all the brilliant people around me, I'm motivated to work even harder to push myself to surpass my own limits. I know I have what it takes to score at least one distinction in chem S, I just need time (and a whole lot of it at that!) to revise thoroughly the core syllabus and revising the common extra knowledge needed. ARGH. A race against time, as always.

Ironing the clothes is a pain in the butt! I hate it. And I hate how there are so many holes in the pants especially since my brother plays football in them. Sheesh. Now I have to iron my uniform every single night and it's no fun trying to lug the iron board out of the storeroom and faithfully putting it back after ironing two pieces of uniform. Sigh.

Am watching the 9pm show on Channel 8! I think the plot's pretty dry, and people keep repeating what they say. Significantly, two of the characters, one of whom is married and the other is single and "fishing" for men, keep discussing about the roles of married women versus single women and how married women are disadvantaged at the workplace. Like every single time they meet. How corny is that? I swear I've heard the phrase "I believe women should get married" no less than 5 times in their conversation. Sheesh. Even real people get bored talking about the same thing everytime. I can write better scripts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home