[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, May 27, 2005

10.15am

It sure feels good to be able to wake up at 10.15am! Yay. It's been such a long time since I've managed to sleep in and just be dead to the world. Hahaha...

Today's supposed to be the third day of the EEP. I chose song composition as an EEP. Frankly speaking, it's informative but it's downright boring. Maybe it's because I just don't have the knack of composing pop songs that can appeal to the masses unlike some of my other coursemates like Levina. She can really think of very creative melodies. Amazing...especially when Yihui and I were sitting by the keyboard and squeezing blood out of stone just to compose 4 pathetic bars of music. *pained look*

If there's anything I've learnt from this EEP, is that I'll try not to buy pirated CDs anymore. A lot of work goes into producing just one song you hear on the radio, from composition to mixing to mastering...and all these involve the work of many people. It's so demoralising hearing my teacher say that he slogs "6 and a half days a week, 14 hours each day". To think that I'm complaining about my work! That kind of hours are insane especially if you ask to to compose pop music. Oh gee. I'd rather cut off my fingers than compose 5 songs for Maia's album. Lol.

Classical music has its own beauty. Praise the Lord.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds fun leh ur EEP thing.. read suwai's entry too. i want to take part!
ben

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

haha..it feels even better to wake up at 2pm;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home