[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, May 29, 2005

myriad 05*

Pounding hearts...coarse voices after the tiring rehearsals...scoldings from miss lim...but...

Myriad 05 was a HUUUUGE success!!

Yippee! I'm so glad! wahahahaha. I really felt that the performance was a fantastic one. I haven't felt that "high" after any performance, even when I was in RV choir. The best song that night I felt was bin-nam-ma! wow. Like how felyna said eng siang (not sure who he is...but still...) said, the song was so intense you could have used your hands to feel it. Wow. That's a great compliment. I'm sure everyone was so focussed on the song that we were headed towards a common goal - to sing our very best onstage. "Sleep" was...bah. It was ok...considering we only spent a week learning it. "Night" was beautiful! The sopranos were so powerful at the end I could even hear them at the back! hahaha...But I still love bin-nam-ma the most. The feeling was just...well, there. I think every chorister would know what I mean...when everything in the music is in place and you add that tiny little bit of magic to finish it off and the end result just leaves people bewildered. yay. Love it.

Shuxian really thinks that I'm nuts now that I love the choir so much now, considering I was almost a choir un-enthusiast in the past. But hwachong choir is so different from rv choir! I mean...everyone in hwachong choir is so passionate about singing...it's almost scary sometimes. It's like one big family!! Wow. Sure, I've regretted once or twice in the past about joining the choir again. I can't lie about that. But fact is, each time I go for practice and I feel the warmth of the people there...the time just passes very quickly and it's just so enjoyable making music with them.

People may not understand what on earth we're singing and may criticise us for singing like "ghosts" (you know who you are...grrr...), but I'll still stand by the choir. Hwachong choir rocks!!

"You'll never sing alone." (that's unless you're a uberrrr zai soprano soloist! =P)

***

That being said, I had to drag myself out of bed today to attend the church outing today. I can't deny the fact that I wanted to lie about having slept late even though my alarm went off and I actually woke up. *gasp* tsk tsk tsk. Me and my evil tendencies. But just as I was about to hide in my comforter and seriously retire for the rest of the morning till noon, God suddenly reminded me about the sermon on promises - that once a promise is made, you should fulfill it. Arrrrgh.

So, being Grumpy the dwarf, I dragged myself out of bed and washed up before I went to church to meet the guys to go to Sentosa.

Oh well...can't say I had a fabulous time since I didn't really want to go. And the problem is, I didn't even get to do street evangelism! That was the only thing pushing me on to go...to gain some experience in sharing Christ with others. Ohhhhh hell. I did enjoy the sea breeze though. It was a good time for me to reflect on the past term...on stuff that happened lately. I get very introspective when I'm at the beach...and I can spend a whole hour just gazing out into the horizon and pondering about *meaningless* stuff.

***

Daniel posted another entry about true love VS infatuation. Sighhh. How should I put it? I don't think we should be questioning ourselves about whether what we feel for another person is really true love or infatuation. Afterall, marriage is not a question at the moment - at least for most of us.

I'd say that infatuation is just falling in love with love - that you like the idea of having someone to love you and to have someone to love. True love however, deals with the fact that willing to make sacrifices for the other person, accepting the person's flaws and also connecting with the person on a deeper level.

Awwww hell.

Who am I to define true love and infatuation? I've got myself confused many times...It's hard...but the trouble with love is (uh oh. Reminds me of Kelly Clarkson. *shudders*) that it clouds your judgement...and any normal teenager (with a similar low IQ like mine) would not be able to judge for himself/herself objectively anyway. I'd like to follow my heart. It's not just about gaining experience about love. I think that's a really crude way of putting it. How can you have someone enter a relationship with you just so that you can experiment with love and find out what works and what doesn't? Feelings come at a price...and the stakes in love are frightfully high. No point playing if you can't pay the price.

***

Aaaack. I'm such a rambler sometimes I can't even take it. =((

Shall be off now to sleep. Long day ahead of me tomorrow. bahhh.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah..i think u made some sense there.. esp the part bout falling in love with love. coincidentally, on the way to lao pat sat, xingqun and i were talking bout it.. looks like we share the same opinion!..haha..


yep just to say great job for myriad!! =) im so glad i went..cos i enjoyed it. the highlight was obviously night and binnamma. total wowness. go read my blog!..


mav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home