[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gadget fever.

Great. Now I'm stricken with the horrible urge to buy every single little gadget in town that can play music, games or display little cute animations that are so sweet they'll probably give you diabetes when exposed for extended periods of time. ARGH! I must control my urges. Um. I mean...my strong urges to buy stuff!

Blame it on Apple. Why must they design such an ergonomically perfect device that has enamoured me? Bloody deception of beauty. BAH! I scoff. Ok, the iPod video is one of the most gorgeous inanimate object there is to have ever been invented, but I shall not succumb to temptation! I will live with my iPod mini, who has served me well over the past year (besides the way it hangs every now and then. annoying little thing.) I will not buy the iPod video!

And just when I was coming up with plan C about how I should go about getting an iPod video, my good friend Adora had the nerve to sms me about how she's going to get her black iPod video this Friday! ARGH. I'm so going to rob her. Ok. That's plan C there. Not much to plan for, besides an oppurtune time and some nifty fingers. Heh.

At least I'll get a chance to caress the sleek beauty once she gets it. Yay.

***

Chemistry is the buzzword for today. It seems like most of the tutors are in this giant conspiracy where they agree to set deadlines that fall on the same day! I can almost imagine them rubbing their palms together with that malicious look on their faces as they cackle and derive joy from the way we squirm and struggle with the questions. I spent two hours on two questions. And there were 6 of them. Alright. Given the other 4 were easy ones...so I completed those in about 2 hours as well. That's 4 hours worth of "postulate a suitable mechanism for the hydrolysis of peroxodisulphuric acid to hydrogen peroxide and sulphuric acid" for you! Synapses have been busy producing neurotransmitters! Ah. The pain of biology.

Never mind that. I couldn't keep the excitement in when I was left with two questions of S chem. Had a virtual scream over MSN with a friend and I can tell she was seriously freaked out when her monosyllabic reply of "good!" came around. Can't help but think that underneath the curt reply was her utter shock at me suddenly screaming a loud, resonant "YAAAAAY!" (with multiple "a"s at that!) in the middle of the conversation. Hm. I can be so weird at times.

***

Bought 5 new CDs for a steal. I am a happy boy now! Even my iPod is happy.

ARGH. I'm reminded of the iPod video again. Chant "I shall resist temptation" ten times in a row.

***

No friday next week! It's times like these that I feel charged up for the week, knowing that there's one less day of torture to go through. Especially when the Great Distress a.k.a. PE is being eliminated out of the picture. Wow. Look at the birds sing!

***

Wheeeee. Next week beckons. I shall face it with a smile. =D

6 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee... I'm still in the Stone Age of Discman... =X

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger crossbearer said...

hahaha! You could use an upgrade! =DD

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

ahh.. me, being a great fan of chemistry, believes tt music shld be made in situ, thus me still depend on my trusty voice.. ^o)

haha anyway.. yeah u can be so random laah!! but tt's a joy toking to u coz i can go high too.. hehz.. :D

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

muahaha :)
i didnt tell you to make you jealous! haha though it might have been a freudian slip :p

''caress'' my ipod! how dare you :0

oh and yes please do stayover on fri at Joc's place [ whether or not you find a g* by then] :) i don't think many of us has had the honour of your fellowship yet!

:) your fellow bassian

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got it!!! :):):):):):):)
in black! woooohoooooo

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

bassian... 'caress'.. Joc's place..

adora arrhhh... ur england arhhh... tsk tsk tsk.. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home