[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, April 07, 2006

Hell, it's been a long week.

I know this sounds really cliched, but it's really true - at least for the past week. So many things have happened and it's hard trying to record everything I thought about here. It's just too much.

My week started off bad. I forgot to take my S chem book to school when there was S chem on monday. I even contemplated whether to bring it or not the night before but decided against it since it weighs as much as the bloody chemistry textbook. Sheesh. Ended up having to slog through the afternoon completing the questions. Not that I knew how to do half of them anyway.

Choir has been...rough. "Psalm 150" is the only thing on every HC chorister's mind right now, 'cause it's so difficult I feel like crying even as I'm teaching it. Can you even imagine singing weird intervals like minor 3rds and 6ths and even diminished 4ths And that's not only two bars there. It's a whole flippin' 14 pages of them. And each one has a different twist, a different set of intervals to master, to memorise. Undoubtedly, this new song is the aural exam from hell - the kind you won't even bother trying to sight sing with one look at the accidentals that dot every alternate note! Hell, it doesn't even sound correct when you play it on the piano. Probably its only saving grace is that it sounds great when all the sections sing together in tune. God knows how hard we tried today. Oh well.

PE was ok, despite my rather paltry attempts at trying to lift my weight at the pull-up bars and jumping across that 2.2m ravine we meet every other day at the Standing Broad Jump station. It was...enlightening, if not the least bit embarrassing and humiliating. ARGH. At least I tried. That's all that matters, right?

I was very motivated after the Medicine talk the other day. But I can already feel the enthusiasm to mug my butt off beginning to wear off. Not a good sign, especially after what I discussed with Christl the other day during lunch. It's nice to talk to her since she's always offering very new perspectives on stuff and she's really insightful a person.

More work to do this weekend! But to compensate for that, I'm going out for the good part of Sunday. That'll work to soothe my nerves.

I want a iPod video! Dying for one, really!

4 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

heyz!! can understand ur pain and frustration and exasperation at teaching the song... i almost wanted to kill myself taking the B1s for sectionals esp on thursday.. really not kiddinz.. it was crazy laaah...

but hang on thr sean!! u can do it de... i mean, u have done it already rite? haha.. like finish teaching so now it's more of fine-tuning and touching up [which of coz i knw can still be as frustrating if not more] but just grit ur teeth, clench ur fist [but still play the keyboard hor! :P] and get over it... u'll be fine de :)

arh yesh.. the basses are improving so tt's another thing which u might want to take pride and delight in :):) so dun stress out too much yeah? tho i think it's coz the J2s are thr.. bleeahhs.. tok to u abt J1s another day. haha :)

take care and dun stress urself out!! mugging's an impt thing to a student but definitely NOT the only thing so dun worry too much abt it kz? u survived 1 1/3 yrs already so jiayou! :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Lord,
i thank you for you have been faithful in most of the basses' lives. Lord, may You guide Sean and grant him wisdom in whatever he does. i pray that whatever that Sean studies will be to glorify Your wondrous name. Lord, may you be magnified in Sean's life! amen

fret not dear sean!, He will be with you!

and of course, so will the rest of the basses :)

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEAN NAPFA IS COMING AND I CANT JUMP! The stupid SBJ is SUPER DIFFICULT!

and it's very humiliating to not be able to jump over the 220 mark when everyone else can...

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er... I can't even jump over 100cm. I beat all of you! =X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home