[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

walking on sunshine.

Today is absolutely a =)))))))))))))))))) X1000 day. I appeared on the honour roll for bio! Like bio. Never, ever, not even for a single moment in my two years here, did I ever think that I'd even manage to get a whiff of a sweet B, but an A? Surreal. Way too surreal. I was just looking at the screen and gawking at all the usual peeps' scores and wondering how on earth do they ever attain them before pam told me that I was on the list.

LIKE WHAT? BIOLOGY?

Better than winning the lottery, I tell you. Ok, maybe not. If I won a million dollars in the lottery, I'd be exponentially happier.

But still, it's cathartic for me. More so than anyone else, I'd think. It just reminds me of how far I've come since the start of JC, with all the fear about not having taken O level bio and getting owned at SPA and the first test, to scraping Ds along the way and now, an A. Seriously, too much, too fast. This is very encouraging and it has just reaffirmed my belief that with hard work, anything is possible...though bio can be really hard at times.

Nothing can take me down today! Not even the stupid Mushroom quest that I can't complete on my game, not even the lousy SATII maths book I borrowed stupidly, not even the startling realisation that SAT2 French is no pushover! Nothing! 'Cause today, it's just...way too unreal.

Too good to be true, almost.

That being said, now that the dust has settled, it's time to get back to mugging. I've started on working the SAT2s, so I'm just planning to go slowly for now. Packing my table and reviewing my prelim mistakes is a pretty good idea. And I must work harder for my S papers! Sigh. I'm so close to scoring, but I just need that "enlightenment", as Ms Tan very aptly puts it.

Nirvana, babeh.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope your interview goes/went well too. =) (What is it for anyway?)

I'm inclined to disagree that hard work can make anything possible though. Elitist as it may sound, I do believe that aptitude is a very significant factor as well. =P

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger crossbearer said...

In case you're reading this commment, the interview was for the GIC scholarship. I think it went well. I said what I wanted to say without clamming up too much. You do know how the right words just seem to evade you under stress, huh? Hm. The person was really nice! =) So. Results in two weeks. Fingers crossed.

Aptitude, well...yeah. That plays a part too. It determines how much hard work you have to put in to make it to success I guess. If you have loads of it, no point working so hard to achieve your goals 'cause you're just that damn good. lol. =) But good point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home