[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, March 28, 2008

The sedentary lifestyle I'm living

Yes, I'm living out a sedentary livestyle - out loud, almost. I park myself in front of the desk to read my notes, surf the web, read more notes and occasionally, lift my derriere from my seat to grab a drink/bite/lunch/whatever.

Now that explains the visceral layer of adipocytes (read: fat) forming a conglomerate in the abdominal region. GAH! I have to go run or something, if only to atone for the sinful deed of eating fast food for lunch two days in a row. Yes, I do fall for temptations as such.

I was busy looking for scores to play on the piano today! And guess what! I found myself a pretty skeletal version of Libertango by Astor Piazzolla to satisfy my playing urges. Wish it came with a more embellished version of it with more elaborate right hand parts, but oh well. It will have to do for now until I figure out how to squeeze the inner part into my left hand instead of having it fumble with the right hand notes.

Details of my violin! I exceeded my budget by $20 but the violin's lovely. I love the tone of the violin - woody and mellow but not at all muted. Yay. This should inspire me to practise harder and attain grade 8 at least! ARGH. But for now, it's the earaches and the incessant playing of Minuet in G to get my bowing right.

Georgia, we can do it! (although I know you'll probably not read this, but, practise hard! Et prends soin de ton violon! quand tu reviens à singapour, on peut jouer ensemble! :)

My dog's driving me crazy at home. Can't stop barking, that little monster. I blame it on the rain.

THE RAIN! It makes me want to hibernate in the afternoon, which is obviously a non-feasible option considering how much there is left to study for anatomy (shudders) and biochemistry. Physiology is going to take forever by itself. I need to focus.

Just gotta hang in there before the long break comes!

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Lois said...

derriere... jazzed up gluteus muscles...

little monster? lol visual images...

so glad you like your violin! :D good instruments are happifying

i always imagined i would do a better job of first year revision than i'm now doing. God help us. i say with defined confidence.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger paperboat said...

haha sean thanks for the tag:D

jiayou with muggingggggggg!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha whoa u finally updated your blog! yes im working *kinda* hard on my violin too heh.. and yes i'll be coming back in 35 days, so we'll be able to play tgt soon! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home