[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

3 days in.

Here in the army, when you talk about you studying medicine, people immediately think of deferment. And so it scares me to think that not all will be disrupted to study medicine according to the formal looking letter that was sent to us by MINDEF. It scares me quite a freaking lot.

To say the least, armour here is nothing like signals institute - it's rather regimental, we're doing stuff we never quite learnt in SI itself and all my closest friends that I made in SI have all been posted to 8 signals battalion.

Talk about sadness.

It's always this "post-posting" sadness that I like to think of as an unfortunate syndrome...temporary and fleeting, but still enough to plunge me into some of the most pensive moments at times. I amaze myself at the capability to not speak for an entire morning if it befits my mood for the morning!

I've been doing my Quiet Time lately and yesterday's lesson was on contentment - about finding the least bit of happiness in moments of adversity, much like now.

If anything, I'll just try to lift my own spirits till the moment I disrupt. ARGH.

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee, not speaking is rare for you indeed ^^

haha, at least you have the chance to study with our batch (of girls)right? hohoho~ that should make you smile :p

elvondyn

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger cruxylite said...

haha.

maybe you'll just a little not used to whats happening at the moment. but eventually it will grow on you. eh?

well its true that good times don't last, and maybe now's a bad patch or something but... hmm. better times will come. eventually. =)

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tian xia wu bu shan zhi yan xi =( Sad truth of life... But we can still meet up. haha.. see you next time

-zen

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Mrs.delahunty said...

not easy at all to do so, find happiness in the darkest moments !!
chapeau bas mon ami...
j'espere que tout va bien avec toi, avec les gendarmes :) e tout ...
prends soin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home