[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Counting my blessings

Having spent the whole morning doing my National Income Accounting tutorial really is frustrating. GDP, GNP, NI...and a whole lot more acronyms! Economists really dig them, I tell you.

Lately, life has been good, unless one considers those -rather- exhausting PE lessons. Sigh. To look at it from the bright side, it builds up one's stamina blah blah blah, in preparation for the NAPFA test...more blahs...But hell, it really sucks. Now will someone please remind me that it's going to be at least ten times worse in the army *coughs and sputters at the sight of the word* and that I should be counting my blessings now? Yes, I should. Hearing about all the tales about NS is really unnerving.

I managed to meet up with Judith the other day to have a short talk about what's going on in our lives and whatnot. Taking 3 CCAs is definitely not fun. Not when there are teachers pulling you apart in all directions asking for work to be done! Although choir has been largely stressful, I think I still derive joy from it...singing with friends and just enjoying their company. Sure, we get tied down with competitions and the time contraints, but it's...different. In RV, we had the luxury of time to learn songs...and pretty fun ones at that! Les miserables, phantom of the opera, magnificat and loads more. But in jc, everyone's rushing for time. That's when the stress starts to pile up, I guess. And singing's no easy feat! GRRR. I hate it when people assume that we just have a whale of a time in the AVA room, having it easy.

Have I changed a lot? That's something I have to think about, I guess. It's always a topic that appears in every conversation with an ol' friend and I've come to think that people always view changes as bad. Subconsciously, we're always trying to project how we perceived our friend in the past and trying in vain to conserve that "sweet" memory that we somehow overlook the changes in them? I'd like to think that most people become better with time (just like how wine does...though I can't really vouch for that!) but ho hum. Shan't comment about that.

To be a better man. Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home