[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, January 02, 2006

A fresh slate.

Or not.

It's wonderful how fantastic the new year feels. In fact, it was double kill for me this year because I managed to spend the last few hours of 2005 (oh, I'm getting all nostalgic again!) with my friends from the french immersion programme. Anrong was kind enough to book a suite from Swissotel Merchant Court. Imagine! A suite! It was gigan-tous! We walked from the hotel to Clarke Quay, to the Esplanade, to City Hall mrt station and then finally to the Padang to watch the fireworks from right behind the Esplanade. The fireworks were brilliant...and I was wondering how we always accord fireworks with celebration and jollification. But is it? *shrugs* A new start to an even tougher journey ahead. Tires me even to think of it. The "Yay"-levels, the endless stream of work, the stress, the commitments and of course flippin' NS at the end of it all. All that and...

Why should I even bother counting my eggs before they hatch? Good point.

Overall, 2005 has been a great year for me. Even better when it ended with all my new found friends in the immersion programme. I love you guys. It's amazing how close we are just right after 3 weeks, no? =)

***

It's fitting to come up with resolutions for the new year. Christl and I were just chatting about resolutions for the new year the other day, and she was saying how she made a long list of things she'd do for the new year before the list disappears into the abyss in her cupboard, never to be seen again. Hm. That's not very much of a use, right? I suppose if I blogged it here, I'd be reminded better. Yes.

Top Ten Resolutions for 2006

1* Train everyday in preparation for NAPFA. Oh Lord, you know I've got to get a silver this year!

2* Pass the *bleep* NAPFA with a silver.

3* Guard my tongue more. If you've got nothing nice to say, it's better just to keep your mouth shut. That's something I've realised.

4* Try not to be someone I'm not. Thanks for the reminder from friends around me. =)

5* Strive for 4 "A"s at the looming A levels. RAWR. Going to be a tough one.

6* Keep in contact with the people around me. Stop being a freakin' hermit, Sean!

7* Practise the piano more often and attain a reasonable standard for some of the diploma pieces.

8* Speak more french. Write more french. Read more french. I seriously don't want to lose all that I've learnt after 5 arduous years at the MOELC.

9* Pick up the guitar. I've heard it's rather easy to learn the guitar...But now I just have to figure out a way to get those strings which are caked in dust in tune. Hm...

10* Do my QT more regularly. Yes. I must.

Now now. All in place.

***

I feel like I'm ready for school, but I'm not exactly enjoying it. But it's enough to be ready, no? =)

Hang in there, all you brave comrades! The first public holiday is just around the corner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home