[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, January 05, 2006

First thoughts of the first week.

Yes, 2005 is over. It's time to welcome the new year. For some mysterious reason, I wasn't exactly looking forward to the new year, despite all the talking I did with Christl the other day about how we should prepare ourselves for it.

Stress levels have reached an all-time high. Just last tuesday, I was uptight about the two tests that were on the following day and about the fact that I didn't have enough pants to wear because so many of them had stains nearer the ends which are hard to remove. I keep telling myself and reminding oh-so-forgetful me that I shouldn't be sweating the small stuff. That not all tests are worth mugging as hard for as the promos. And that I should be seeing things as they come along. Looks like I need more reminding. The tests per se did go ok, but I wish I had handled the stress better. It's my "final" year in school before I'm thrown out into the jungle to fend for myself and it's going to be tough.

I'll be doing a short publicity stint, just a short chorus of a song in fact, in front of the college one students in an attempt to convince them to join choir. A test of faith, indeed.

"It's just another performance. It's just another perfomance."

***

I love my subjects to bits. But sometimes, I can't help but feel threatened by maths. It creeps up on you like no other subject does because there's always this subconcious Loss Of Memory when it comes to maths. I'm not afflicted in this horrible manner with other subjects, but maths, well, simply put, I can't remember how to do sums I just studied a few months back! This calls for Urgent Attention. Not forgetting the fact that I have some undone maths tutorials that need to be completed over the weekends.

Ah. The weekends. Bless them.

I live for the weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home