[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Our Journey.

Newsflash: An anonymous benefactor has just donated 100 million dollars to the Yale conservatoire of music, prompting the Dean to cancel all tuition fees for present and future students.

WHAT? 100 MILLION DOLLARS? Is that crazy or what? I'm sure all prospective music students are going to flock to Yale, especially since it's practically free now that they've got that gift that apparently dropped from nowhere. Now that's altruism for you!

Each time I receive my copy of my Our Journey, which was originally known as Our Daily Journey, I feel immensely guilty. Even though I am a church-goer, I can't be called a steadfast Christian, sadly. I look at some of my peers around me and I see how involved in their own churches and how the light of Spirit really shines through them and I'm just...ashamed at my own lackadaisical attitude. Like wth. I have to admit one reason why I don't do my QT everyday is because I'm ashamed of the things that I've done throughout the day. I feel so bad about it. And I feel as if I don't even deserve to read the Bible. Sigh. Have you ever felt that way? I really should get back to doing my QT every single day.

Opera is beautiful. The singers have such angelic voices. BAHHH. When will I be able to sing as effortlessly as them? =((

That being said, I went out with my french classmates after the french AO level written paper. The paper itself was alright, although we were all taken aback by the summary question, "If you were walking in a park, what would you do to prevent causing a fire?". That's in response to two *rather difficult* comprehension passages. Oh well. Stared at the paper for a good ten minutes before I decided to pen down whatever sentences I could string up with my limited vocabulary. Gee. I hate it when they test questions that require hard vocabulary.


Bryan, Georgia, Christl and me posing before the Christmas tree at Takashimaya! We had a great time browsing Kinokuniya for french books and linguistic books because Bryan had 50 extra dollars worth of vouchers to spend. That lucky bug. He bought like two dictionaries! Of which one, a German one, he's going to donate to the four of us to use when we learn German together next year. Danke! =)



My first ever Venetia (sic?) ice cream. I know it doesn't look awfully pleasing in this much unflattering picture, but trust me, it was heavenly! You'll never believe how rich their dark chocolate ice cream is. Worth the 2 friggin' dollars eighty cents. Every single cent of it. Yesssss.

And we've decided to go backpacking after our As or something! Although it does sound a bit crazy, we've made up our minds...for now. Hahah...we took like twenty minutes to decide on German as the language for next year. Oh well! I had a blast all the same. We should go out more often, guys! =)) And yes, I'm serious about the backpacking!

France in *drum rolls* 10 days!

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salut, mon amiqui vient de finir une longue periode de français,c'est pas grave que ca reste un peu bloqué pour toi,ce qui est super est que tu l'as gravement aimé...Le français n'est pas une langue c'est un mode de vie crois moi,tu n'as pas a parler le français pour etre francophone,juste vie la francophonie comme si elle circule dans tes veines lol.L'allemand moi aussi le semester prochain ou durant l'ete,ca depend dut temps quand vont ils le donner l'uni...RYN:Je suis super interessé et not "might" :D.c'est bien que tu l'as fini.Non mes amis sont deux pour le moment,et je crois que le nombre va rester le meme..ca m'est tres convenable comme ça.
Vraiment peut etre que tu ne vas pas me croire mais je suis tres excité pour toi et ton voyage c'est super cool...Vraiment bonne chance en france le pays des reves,si tu me le permes j'ai quelque recommandations pour toi,prens avec toi une disaine de films et de cameras ok,sois pret pour une fois revenu nous raconter tout...on t'attend et bonne chance...AHHHHH la france dans 10 jours...
God bless you...and you're a good christian,beleive me...
bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home