[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Of random thoughts

This week has been great. And I hope it stays this way for the rest of the year.

Let's see now...

No PE? Check!

No 4pm day on Friday? Check!

5 day holiday in sight? Check!

"Memoirs of a Geisha" movie on Friday? Check!

Endless mahjong games just around the corner? Check, amen!

I can't help beaming over all that has happened this week. Two days down and less than two more before we're temporarily released from the fetters of school and all the neverending stacks of tutorials for 4 and half a days! Cue "WOOZA!". CUE! *leaps around the room*

That being said, of course there were days where I had some crappy classes. But oh well, details, details, details - who needs them? Especially when it pertains to issues such as tutorials held in a deadened atmosphere and where both the "searcher" and the "expert"(Plato might kill me on this one...) can't be bothered about whatever is going on in the lesson. SIGH. GP lessons, on the other hand, have been surprisingly fun and thought provoking! Woot. In fact, most of the stuff we're covering now, such as the anatomy of the heart for biology, the workings on the national economy for *obviously* economics and applications of differential equations for maths are pretty pleasing topics, I must admit. Amidst all the trudging from one classroom to the other and whining needlessly about the banal tutorials, I can't deny the fact that I actually enjoy learning. Yay! Rousseau will be proud of me, even though I'm dictated to learn instead of me making inferences for myself. GP lessons should touch more on philosophy, it's so much fun. It really redefines how you think about certain issues about you and how you think about how you perceive the world. Sure, I don't really agree with everything the philosophers have said, but at least I take what I want and I integrate it into my thinking, I suppose. Tons better than going through endless questions (*coughs*chem s*coughs*) and just revising really lame stuff.

J1s in the choir are extremely promising. I can already hear the potential in them. It's hardly surprising given that most of them already have received choral training and they have good voices, but they still need to work on the pitch. That can be fixed with time. I just wish I had the right placement for my voice! Placement is crucial in singing because it determines a lot about the tone of your voice and how it works. I was told once that some people can spend years looking for the right placement while others, such as the juniors(!!), can find it in much less time. Lucky bastards. RAWR. I have been working on it for so long and it's tiring and demoralising trying (almost in vain) to find that Holy Grail - the placement, which inevitably means, the voice.

Will be meeting up with ex-church friends to have dinner soon! I can't wait. It's always nice to catch up and talk about church stuff and just basically pig out for a day. To do it in good company just adds to the fun.

Looking forward to "Memoirs of a Geisha" on Friday! *hops about in utter excitement* I've been dying to watch the show ever since I caught the trailer on AXN the other day. Zhang Ziyi is drop dead gorgeous - you can quote me on this one. Yes yes. And people, stop gushing over Gong Li and claim that she's prettier than Zhang Ziyi, alright? Sheesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home