[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The quiet time for simplicity.

So much has happened over the past two weeks and yet I've only overcome the self-consuming inertia to not blog only now. Says quite a lot, me thinks.

Let's see now...One of the highlights would definitely be that I watched "Memoirs of a Geisha"! The ticket only set me back by 5 dollars, so I didn't really mind. Afterall, I watched the trailer of the movie once on the AXN channel and was instantly hooked by how cinematic the whole movie was. And it's true, especially since the movie was produced by Steven Spielberg and directed by what's his name again. The movie left much food for thought...about the role of women, the definition of a geisha and how one should perceive a geisha. I'm convinced that they aren't just prostitutes. I didn't think of them that way in the first place...To have to have sell your own body takes more than just choice, I think. It could be how circumstances were that somehow forced one into the decision. Like how Chiyo was sold to the Japanese gentleman. Pardon even the use of the word "gentleman", sigh.

I managed to have dinner with Amy, Lois and Eunice at Junction 8. Yes yes, much needed conversation. I learnt a lot about them, but to a certain extent, I was dismayed by the fact that she didn't confide in us something else that happened that I know of. The lack of trust? Which then begs the question of "why?". Sometimes, I'd rather not know. The dinner was great nonetheless - sushi, green tea (which we didn't know we had to pay a dollar for...) and even better company.

Fridays are generally rather dreadful, if only because of PE. I know, I hate to whine about things that I have no control over, especially one as distressing as PE. I've never been exceptionally athletic, what with Christl joking over the fact that what my classmate said about me wearing contacts for the sake of sports being the greatest joke of the century. Nevertheless, I enjoy running, very much. In a weird...and well, sadistic sense. I like the feeling of adrenalin rushing through the veins, even as I experience the slight discomfort in my tummy (ooer! not good.) and also the way I have to push myself to the limit each time I run along the "victory road" - so termed because it marks the end of the gruelling run. Oh yes. That's the toughest part, most ironically. I feel most tempted to give up there! Sheesh. That's when all the "get moving! get moving!" comes in. Love the feeling at the end of the run. And I did 5 pullups! In a row! That's a huuuuuge achievement for me. Call it self-induced peer pressure. Ha. Whatever.

Weekends have been great. Didn't do any work till today, which resulted in the wrist-breaking 3 hour sessions of tutorials. Wicked wicked tutorials.

















The saddest thing about the dinner - only one *rather poorly taken* picture. SIGHHH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home