[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

All things bright and beautiful.

Ah, another computer lab moment right here in signal's institute. It's great having such "breathers" in the middle of the day, especially when I just survived a 24 hour guard duty shift on labour day itself. That deserved some bolding by the word processor.

Anyway, having talked to my sergeants throughout the whole of yesterday just makes me so thankful about where I have been posted to here in SI. Sure, life here isn't a bed of roses. For one, we have feck-loads of guard duty! I mean, like 5 bleeding duties in a mere 8 weeks. Yet, the sergeants were reminiscing about their SI days, waxing lyrically about how they were happily confined in bunk on a saturday. Seriously - nuts. I hate being confined and to have them talk about it so cheerfully just makes me think they're weird. But they missed their SI days so much they actually went back up to the bunks to have a look the other day. I guess unit life must suck real bad.

Guard duty provides a lot of time for reading, especially for people like me who have perma-status (read: excused physical runs, running, marching, jumping, heavy loads X 84 days) and are relegated to desk duties, much to the envy of my other platoon mates. Yet, yesterday I was just wriggling miserably in the chair due to horrifyingly painful stomach cramps and the latent fever. WHAT THE HELL. I wanted so desperately to read my new found book (ooo!) and yet it was threatening to give me a headache as well. So there, yesterday's duty wasn't too good.

***

Medicine interview didn't go as well as expected, thought I tried to keep an optimistic front in front of the second panel of interviewers - quite "ha. ha. ha." optimism, but still, it was hard trying to think about how I should have told a little white lie here and there. Then again, what's done is done and I'm hoping it's God's will to land me a spot in medical school.

***

Course is ending in 3 weeks! And till then, I have loads of exams of which I have no idea how to pass. Gee. It really can be a boring place here at times.

And on wednesday, we all scream "nights out". =)

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Mrs.delahunty said...

Hellos, so once again, it was nice to talk to you, i guess like i said i'll be reading, ur blog. i'm really surprised that you have tests in service militaire!!!
Plz be safe, annd take care of urself, and like i said also, i can go to singapoure and kick some asses, if you want :D :D .
catch u later....
mrs.delahunty is me ok .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home