[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, April 08, 2007

And in short, everything builds character.

Time sure passes very quickly! It's been a long time since I last blogged in this blog of mine, which died of a rather premature and quiet death. 6 months in fact! Gee.

Wonder how I even got this sudden impulse to blog.

Life has been really eventful so far, though admittedly, not exactly enjoyable. BMT's so "been there, done that" now and now that I'm an infosystems (IS) operator studying really hard at signal institute, life's looking good. Bookouts are as usual, much valued.

What do I do in camp? Hm. Nothing much! I study a lot in camp - routering, networking and radio stuff. Runs on tuesday and friday mornings. That's about it. Oh! I book out relatively early at 6pm on Friday! So that's a nice change from BMT.

Recently, I've been getting down seriously to learning some good ol' japanese, like I've always promised myself though I've been reneging on that "promise" for what seems like forever - ostensibly to my "busy schedule". With my schedule now free-er than ever (read: I have free time after 6.30pm to 10.30pm and a sprinkle of half an hour or two in the middle of the day. It does add up to quite a bit after awhile. ( ^ -^) ), I manage to squeeze in about an hour of japanese everyday. YEAH.

A little more and I'll be able to read something like this -

ゲーム理論(ゲームりろん)とは、複数の主体の存在する状況下での意思決定について研究する、20世紀半ばに確立された数学の一分野であり、「理論」の名を冠してはいるが単一の理論ではなく通常学問の分野や研究のアプローチだとされる。経済学オペレーションズリサーチ経営学心理学生物学社会学法学政治学論理学などと密接な関わりを持つ。フォン・ノイマンによってミニマックス定理ミニマックス法)が証明された事、ならびに1944年フォン・ノイマンモルゲンシュテルンによる著書『ゲームの理論と経済行動』(Theory of Games and Economic Behavior, 1944)をもって分野の本格的な始まりとすることが多い。



Econs in japanese!

Ok, er, that might take a bit more than awhile.

5 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=0 learning jap?! lol.. and to think i was planning to brush up on the 2 languages non alien to me, you are taking up your 4th language!

-zen

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! I'm just picking it up casually. Lately, I've been dying to improve my rusty ol' mandarin...and in a feeble bid to do that, I think I'm going to start reading chinese books for a change! I've too much time in camp.

anyway, good luck with the enlistment!~

-sean (can't remember my password. in camp now. heh.)

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha u're the one who's learnt french for quite a while and picking up jap now. i've a fren who's pretty fluent in jap (i mean he actually placed in a jap speech comp.) who's taking french lessons now. u guys shld meet each other. maybe u can save some time (and some $$) learning frm each other.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger crossbearer said...

haha, really? That'll be really cool. Though I half suspect he has an easier time with french since french is on the whole much easier to learn than japanese. I've bought this textbook that I'm learning from while in camp, though I'm considering lessons...whatever lessons I can get with my meagre pay of 350 a month. =)

Maybe you could email me his contacts? Haha.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you revived your blog!
haha learning something constructive during your free time sounds good!

havent seen you (and actually, linxin and mel too) for EONS.
-mavis :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home