[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I wish you'd told me to play on.

Now that most of the content-heavy papers are out, I no longer have to memorise all my notes till they start coming out of my nose involuntarily! Yippee! Econs was a totally traumatic experience and it left me startled and bewildered at the end of the paper...not that I wasn't already lost in the middle of it. I checked through my essays at the last minute (the only time left, really!) and saw to my utmost horror...

"An increase in the supply of the currency will lead to an appreciation of the exchange rate of SGD to USD."

My heart almost leapt out of my mouth when I saw it 'cause there was a whole lot of analysis later about how the exchange rate affects balance of trade and growth and unemployment and blah blah for about 5 lines. SO THERE GOES. Everything about the expansionary monetary policy whoosh down the drain faster than I could even cancel them out.

"Time's up. Please stop writing."

And the examiner had an irritatingly control-freak tone in her voice that really ruffled my feathers.

Case study and data response were difficult too! =( All about some weird virtual water content and scarcity. LIKE WHAT? No China? No unpegging of currencies? No trade? Sigh. Moral of the -nightmarish- story : Can kiss my sorry a** goodbye and receive a B for econs, as always. Only that this time, it's a B - forever.

OHHHH WELL.

That disappointing overture to my 2 years of college econs aside, I think I've managed to find some light in my life after all. One, my Beethoven sonata is coming along beautifully. I've finally gotten the hang of the tricky fast bits and the weird broken arpeggios cum contrary motion thingum! Yay. One I finish this sonata, I think I'll try the Moonlight one. The third movement sounds exciting!

And erm. Korean's been really really fun! Helps loads when the girl host is kinda cute too. You know how almost all Pan-Asians look good? Like er, Tata Young, Utt, Denise Keller...Yeah. You get the drift. It's that nice blend of oriental exoticism with western sophistication and voila. You get a one hella attractive person.

Right, as if it worked like maths mumbo-jumbo.

My french hasn't been looking too chirpy though! I was just sms-ing to another friend in french the other day and it took me so long just to remember how to conjugate "joindre'' (to join) in french. Partially because the verb ends with re so it makes things a wee bit more tricky, but also because I haven't touched my conjugaison for a good half a year. Can't wait to lay my hands on the summary notes from Christl...it should come in handy during the exam.

Prom, prom, prom!!! 'Nough said.

And er, Goong rocks! - says me. I just can't wait to grab a copy after the As. Thank God I end at 9am on Thursday. Much to do on that blessed day.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger iso(e)lat!on said...

hihi. =) long time never see you! actually, long time since i came online for blogging. I'm going to restart...haha. finally free! and no more a levels! u can't imagine the relief. Actually, i think you can.

And when was your econs ever disappointing, i thought you excelled in it. Or at least, if i remembered correctly, you were always way above average.

I did badly for my bio though. VERRRRRy bad. stupid. Never even do one 8 marks part of an essay question. IF i end up getting a B for my bio, it'll be like my o levels again. OF all the things, get A2 for ss.Lit.

Have fun n ...please start writing again!

suwai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home