[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Learning everyday.

It's really hard not to whine in camp, that's something I realised this week.

I was just reading the Men's Health magazine that I bought the other day during the night's out and they commented about how to become a more efficient office worker.

Okay, so, I'm not exactly an office worker working in a cube farm, but still, the point applies - quit whining, because no one really wants to hear it.

It's not hard to overhear the conversation going on between two people in my bunk at any given point in time.

Person A, "Very sian (read: bored) ah!"
Person B, "Yah lor, so sian. Everday do computer computer also boring."

It varies in the exact words from time to time, but the main point remains the same. I shall resolve to whine less about my fate as an infosys operator!! Yes yes yes. It's going to get better from next week onwards 'cause my radio lessons are down, so all of the lessons now are just going to be in the computer labs. Yay.

Hearing the Music

If anything, I've found it very difficult to try to learn how to play by ear. Please do not be deceived by those talented pianists out there who can play any tune they hear on the piano almost instantly.

It is not a walk in the park. (says me in a carefully punctuated manner.)

I've been profoundly inspired by this pianist who can play a really nice rendition of one my favourite songs, Part of Your World, from the Disney movie, The Little Mermaid. I cheated a little for this song 'cause I went to search for the chords online - and even some of the chords were wrong! And I'm no where embellishing my rendition as well as his. =(

I'll be praying hard about it.


Essay test for med school's tomorrow! Just thought I'd post it here for posterity. Heh.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger iso(e)lat!on said...

hi... long time since i've had the time n energy to read ple's blog...aural orgasm.... tt title made me burst out laughing in front of my mum....bit hard to explain why cos she didn't know wat the o word meant.

i'm trying to whine less in my own work too...it's super sian. trying to quit but they refused my resignation letter again and again. I keep trying to reactivate my blog but end up staring at the blank screen and have no mood/inspiration to write anything at all. I think i'm losing my thoughts..... tt's wat staring at a computer screen for the whole day for over 3 mths can do to you.

see ya soon! and have fun! =P

- suwai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home