[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

east asian syndrome.

YAAAAAY. Chem essays are dow-n!! I think the standard was ok, and food chem was so easy. At least compared to the previous years. I saw "bread" and "draw a maltose unit" and I was beaming already. Haha. Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Oh yeah.

More maths tomorrow. Judging from how cut-throat the examiners decided to be for paper one, I'm not taking any chances this time round. Gotta mug my ass off for this paper - read through tutorials, past exam questions and just do more difficult statistics questions in preparation for some "what the..." questions tomorrow. You know how they come, like, the first question or something.

anyway.

I've been really distracted by the whole fanaticism over Korean dramas and the how everyone is lapping up the serials like it's sugar-coated candy or something. I mean, I can't deny the fact that I just love the shows, but it's still pretty irrational. I find myself humming away to some Goong tune halfway through maths/chem, which pretty much explains why my reactions were quite mixed up. ACK. But I'm so gonna learn jap/korean. Even though half the world is doing so. It's something...deeper, I think. Appreciation of the culture, perhaps?

I miss learning chinese, which is weird, considering I get a lot of shitty grades all throughout secondary school. But after losing myself in the sciences and in English, I thought it nice to go back to something I'm so familiar with. Well, sort of. Actually started reading some chinese book(!!) as a start.

More than 1/4 through As already! Yay. Pretty much can't wait till it's over so I can bask in all that Korean glory. Ohhhh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home