[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, April 14, 2008

getting there!

Almost choked on the panadol that I was taking just now, but never mind that. There are more important issues to worry about!

Issues are abound, yes. Today's the day before the professional exams (which are equivalent to the finals) and I'm not as confident about them as I'm supposed to be. Sure, I can probably rattle off the main nerves/arteries/enzymes/metabolic pathways but sometimes to get that elusive A, I can't help but wonder how much more I need to do, especially when I'm near the fat bulge of the bell curve. Oh the dreaded bell curve!

Still, much work remains to be done. More notes to re-read, textbooks to plow through and papers to do just so I don't get too much of a cardiac arrest during the actual exam itself.

The past few days have been fun! I've been living with my grandparents for a good 6 months or so now 'cause it's just so much nearer school. I don't have to squeeze myself into the crowded train of executives just to get to clementi mrt. It's also much quieter here now that I've my own room - my violin, my keyboard (which is a rather poor substitute for a piano, but will have to do for now) and laptop and not forgetting my tomes and stacks of notes. Yes, I'm good.

Sometimes during the weekends, when my grandparents are up and about hanging out at chinatown or watching a movie downtown or whatever, I get the whole apartment to myself, which isn't too bad! I really just need peace and quiet to study, although some supervision is also required. I'm just waaaay too distracted for my own good - facebook, blogs. URGH.

Driving test's coming up on friday! Most of my instructors have commented that my driving technique itself is rather good although I'm a careless driver. That leaves a lot to be desired (those freakin' pedestrians!!!!). Note to self: Check mirrors obsessively, watch out for pedestrians and cars(!!) in blind spots and drive within the speed limit! Hope all goes all. If there are any horror stories, I'll share them!

Bro's recovering well after the accident. Somehow I hope he's learnt his lesson. Riding on the road at 1am in the morning, hello? Cerebral cortex malfunction, really. What is one even doing at 1am awake unless you're a struggling medical student trying desperately to chow down all the notes?

Oh wait, I'm not making myself feel better. But he really deserved it. Apart from the large 15cm abrasion on his neck, he's pretty ok. No broken bones despite projectile-ing in the air for a bit so thank God for that. My grandma's threatened to throw away all his bikes - quite funny the way she said it, although the look on my brother's face was also priceless.

That'll teach him!

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh! law students too k! :)

always,
the chairman of the kfc lovers club

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Lois said...

oh dear! sorry to hear about bro, glad he's alright except for the scratch tho. Thank God it wasn't worse!

Sean prawn! on you rests Sam's hope of hashbrowns! hope you'll be pleased with your results :)

ps pros are over!!

hello kfc one!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Lois said...

pps thank you so much for the biochem reviewww heh i think it really helped me a lot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home