[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, June 27, 2005

General paper

I think there's a good reason why they call it general paper. The word "general" is good enough a caveat for them to come up with any nasty tricks to make fool of poor students like me.

There were 12 essay questions, of which most I had just absolutely no idea about how to structure my essay. Turned out I chose "define the role of traditional beliefs in modern society". Hm, sounds familiar yet?

NOOOOOOOOO.

Why didn't I realise that I was up to digging my own grave when I was coming up with my essay plan??? Why didn't I realise that I was repeating my points? Why didn't I realise...Oh pfsh. Bollocks. There were so many signs, for goodness sake. And I had to continue writing the essay as innocently as I thought I would get A1 for combined literature at O levels.

PFSH. Serious screw up. I don't think I've ever written a worse essay - and a even more pathetic conclusion. It was apt I think, considering the standard of my essay.

=((((

Then again, I thought the comprehension was a lot kinder in comparison, in that the questions were very much more straightforward. There was the usual write-like-there's-only-5-minutes-left for the application question - which almost always happens to be the case. Can you imagine coming up with a 400 word essay on what you think about of all topics genetically modified food in 15 minutes flat? No joke I tell you. You should have seen the last word I wrote for my paper - farming. It seemed like some gibberish because I was having cramps in my wrist.

Talking about my wrist, the reason why it hurts so much is because I slipped on my dog's urine the other day. Yes, dog urine. UGH. More about that for another day.

Time to spend more time with chemistry. Yay. I sound more enthusiastic saying "yay". Yay.

Whatever.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha my friends were happy cos they said that all the arguments for green revolution could be dumped into the application qn! anyway i did the one abt reading a novel being better than watching a film haha :) good luck for the rest of the subjects!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home