[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

two wasted trips =(

Oh man. I can't believe I made two wasted trips in a row!

First one, was the outing to Wild wild wet with benjamin and zen wea. Oh wells. There was no sun. And it rained halfway. Double whammy, I tell you. Now about the attraction itself. In fact, I wouldn't even term the "biggest water theme park" in Singapore an attraction in itself. It doesn't justify that. Let me share some insights on my "trip" to the water park.

Firstly, there are essentially only four rides for adults (read: anyone above the age of 13). Yes, a miserable number of 4. Not unless you count the "Shiok River", which is this stream of water that happens to be heated. It proved to be the best place to be in when you're just sick and tired of freezing your butt off waiting for your turn. Haha...we spent quite a lot of time just floating around in the river. Hm...Obvious highlights include the ride where you slide up and down this parabola shaped...thing. I don't even know what to call it. Lol. It's heart-stopping, let me warn you. I'm not kidding. Hahaha...zen wea said just the fact that I bellowed halfway down the slope made him scream as well. Oh well. The domino effect, call it. Hahaha...

The park isn't without it's merits as well.

1) It has excellent showering facilities - complete with working doors (don't underestimate that!) and a separate area for the urinals and toilet bowls. Plus there's ample space in the cubicle for you to hang your clothes and your bag. So...I guess that's important. I'm not sure about the girls' changing room (duh!) but the guys' one was always clouded with this foul smelling odour. Couldn't tell where it emanated from...and somehow, I think I don't want to find out.

2) Free floats for use. Which means that you don't have to pay a single cent for them. Hm...this wasn't the case at fantasy island last time, if I recall correctly. =) But after paying $12.90 for the entrance fee plus an additional 2 bucks for the locker, the last thing I really wanna do is to pay for those round air-filled floats. More money saved = a happier sean. Amen!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
yes, please buy one of these smart cards. =) And don't queue up at counters 1 and 2. Queue at counter 3 instead. Just perpendicular to the two queues. Lol. 'Cause when we were there, everyone was queueing at counters 1 and 2. We just strolled to counter 3 and bought our funcard with ease! And no, we didn't tell them there was a counter three. hehe.

Next, I wasted a trip to the language centre today. ARGH. There was supposed to be a dance practice, which I was involved in. But, I decided to join the singing performance for obvious reasons. So...there wasn't any song practice today. Gags. We had to go home like ten minutes after we just arrived. Lol.

Managed to spend some time in the pool today....learning how to swim that is! Well, I think all I managed to learn was how to tread water. And I'm still not very good at that! =(( Hahaha...I think I most resembled a fish thrashing about on land - except that I'm in the water. I kept having weirds thoughts about how people would just dive into the pool with their clothes on, trying to save me while I struggle to tell them that I'm just learning how to swim and that I'm not drowning. ugh. Swimming's not as easy as it seems!

I'll get to it some other day. argh.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wheee... A sunless day... =P You didn't mention how ex it was...

-Zen-

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...i didn't realise you all went for an outing!!!!
how come we girls don't have it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home