[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, June 12, 2005

madman on the loose

There are crazy people all around me. Well, sometimes I'm one of them too.

But...

It's not everyday in your mundane life that you actually get to see a real madman on the streets of Singapore. Probably it's because most of them have been arrested by psychiatrists hidden in ordinary layman's clothes, prowling about and just waiting to handcuff the looneys and send them to Woodbridge. Oh wells.

Anyway, I was at OG orchard today. Ok. Not me. My mum. But I had to follow anyway.

ARGH. I keep digressing!! Focus. Sean. Focus.

We were waiting for my dad who was MIA for the millionth time (it runs in the family, trust me. I'll talk about that some other time.) when my mum said with her eyes so wide open it looked like she saw a madman, which in fact she did..."That guy is crazy." She grabbed hold of my sister's hand and pulled her further away from the looney who had unkempt hair and such a shabby look I'll bet my million dollars that he hasn't bathed for a good decade. But fact is, I had my back to him...so I didn't get to see what happened.

Being the typical "kaypoh" (busybody) Singaporean, I asked my mum what had actually happened which made her come to the conclusion that he's a looney, since afterall, I have a nutty brother at home anyway.

She said, "He kissed the private part of the picture of the model on the wall."

Cue: Jaw drops.

That's gross. But in a funny way.

Now you know who's really mad. Not me. Him.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bon,c'est genial que chez vous on ne trouve pas des fous sur terre , et si on le fait ca sera par faute.chez nous , je crois qu'il y en a relativement plein.thank god it went well ,and nobody was hurt.I need really to thank you for the encouragement ...really thanks...

 
At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it my duty to inform u that it isn't rare to find a madman in s'pore, contrary to wad u think. believe me i've seen a few in my lifetime. so i thought i had to warn innocent ppl like u. haha but anw that was really funny :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home