[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, July 01, 2005

interesting

Yes! Finally an interesting day to blog about!

Let's start in the morning. Usually, my mum fetches my brother and I to the Dairy Farm bus stop where we take a bus to school. Apparently, it's supposed to be faster. But quite frankly, I can't tell a difference besides me being able to sleep in the car and not having to stand all the way (a good 8 stops mind you!) to Newton. I was listening to the radio as usual and this song played on the radio which had a funny cadence at the ending. Interesting, I thought. Began to hum out the keys in order to find out whether it was a modulation. Indeed. Modulation to the supertonic at the end. At the end! Now how rare is that. Hahaha...

Next interesting thing would have to be the blasted maths block test. Oh my blasted cows. It was so. Darn. Difficult. I could feel my brain cells dying by the trillions with each passing question. It didn't help that I was living in a time warp where time zooms past by the hour. Question 6, *zoom*! One hour gone. Question 10, *zoom*! Another hour gone. After that, what happens is really history. The mad rush to complete "all the questions I thought I'd know how to do when I actually don't". Blah. I did manage to complete a good 9 out of the 13 questions with the other 4 being just expanded forms of the first equation. Hahaha...hoping to squeeze that very one mark. You never know when you might need it to pass, really! 3 hours flashed past. Thank God. IQ report : down to dangerously low levels. Time to play games.

And I did. Ha. Installed Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic. It's a great game, really. I just need time to get used to the interface. I have to admit though, that it's not as manoeuvrable (I actually can spell that word!) as Heroes of Might and Magic, but that's a biased statement 'cause I'm actually a die hard fan of HoMM 3 and HoMM 4. I actually played HoMM 2 when I was young! The good old days when I could summon a whole legion of phoenixes and burn the soot outta those dragons who think they're "oh so big and strong". There're phoenixes in HoMM 4 as well, but they just look like chickens on fire. Serious.
"Help! I'm on fire!! *ouch ouch ouch ouch* Someone please for goodness sake use a fire extinguisher on the poor chicken!" Yes, I'm aware that phoenix means burning dove, but seriously, the phoenix still looks rather cheesy on the map. Still packs a decent punch, but I'd pick the faerie dragons anyday for their killer Lightning Bolt technique. One good bolt of lightning from a stack of them is enough to send several dragons outta play and into lalaland where they truly belong.

Played Age of Wonders well into the afternoon (fun!). Took a screenshot of me being caged in my bugs while my hero, a beautiful Archon, gets thrased by slime from all directions. Poor poor thing. I just can't seem to locate the screenshot folder though. Argh. They really should have a guide on how to locate the folder for every game. Bollocks.

Next came french lesson! Less than half the class came for french today, 'cause most of the people from my class are from raffles and those rafflesians have just completed their blocks, no wait, common tests, today and are thus free from the enslavement of endless mugging to cope with unbelievably difficult papers. People like me are still hopelessly enslaved - so don't rub it in. It was fun though! We did two closures (read : cloze passage, in french) which obviously isn't very productive. I honestly thought he'd give back the controle (french CA) results, but nooooo. He didn't. Awww hell.

Remember I told you about the time we had to build these castles for lesson? Our castle turned out wonderful, albeit with the "loose" windows, and we won!! Yay!



yep! Those are my buddies at french class! We're forever crapping. Hahaha...the little yellow thing in the middle is our prize! Three french books courtesy of the centre. wooooot. =)) Quite cool really. And they're not exactly a pain to read. Although I suspect they're rejects from the library. Shhhhh!









Yay! That's the book I won. It's called Papa. And I wonder what's in the book. Shall read it today! hahaha...I realised after doing the closures that I've forgotten a good half of my french! Not too good, especially when my oral's in october. Yikes. Anyway, happy belated birthday, yams! =)) Hope you like the chocolates! (She's the girl on the right! Wish her happy birthday!)

Ok. Off to sleep. I've got a whole day of proteins and genes waiting for me tomorrow. Sigh. Just one more paper to go!

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Math? What is that? Haha... All I can remember now about Math are the 4 operations. But I need a calculator to help me with the calculations. Imagine me telling my friend that "105 - 77 = 38"... -_-" I almost died of embarrassment. Give me 3 more years, and I probably wouldn't know how to even add or subtract. =P

I'm also a fan of the HoMM series. =) I've got to agree with you that the Phoenixes look like chickens in flames.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home