[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

blocks drawing to an end.

Yes! One more paper down - chemistry! I thought the paper was quite challenging. Definitely wasn't a walkover. I had to really think hard about each an every organic reaction to determine the silly products. And ionic solubility! The black sheep, damn it. One question in the multiple choice paper stumped me - ok, a few, but I thought long and hard about the stupid magnesium chloride dissolving in some sodium salt solution. Couldn't even get any of the 4 answers. Bummer. And when it came to the structured paper, another one of those "calculate pH of the given solution" questions stumped me. SHEESH. To think that I would have known better than to do just tys questions - they hardly match up to those in the blocks.

Oh well. Rantings are more or less the same, not enough time, difficult and long essays (this time they really were long!) and challenging mcq questions. Ho hum. Might not get an A afterall.

Never mind all that! Only a paper left! Well, two. But SPA skill A can hardly be considered a paper since everyone knows what is going to come out for the exam. There's scant reason to assess us, really! It's a typical paper - cough out as much as you can remember from all the SPA notes and voila! Level 8 answer. After that, your practical is done. Woohoo!

I didn't manage to get to play my Xbox today on the tv. Sigh. Was fiddling with the tv like a tech idiot since I couldn't even change channels. You see, we changed to the digital tv cable set and it's loads better than the last one. You can even see what are the upcoming programmes! Watched a few comedies and laughed my a** off then proceeded to practise some much needed Mozart sonatas and yes, First Love. Woohoo! Finally got that tricky part where both hands are jumping around, switching positions and taking turns playing the melody. It's quite difficult trying to get your hands to do what you tell them to do sometimes. They can be rather stubborn. Often, I feel as if my hands aren't really following what my brain says. I was playing "Reflection" on the piano today. I guess I must have been really bushed but I don't really remember looking at my fingers throughout the whole piece! They just...well, played. I looked at the notes, then moved my fingers to the appropriate keys. It was kinda surreal, I suppose. Weird. You should really try playing the piano when you're tired. Play exam pieces for the full effect! =)

The Pride and Prejudice DVD is lying quite placidly on my table - awfully tempting. I. Shall. Resist. Temptation. *determined look*

Received my coloured contacts today from Joce! Yes yes. Very cool indeed. I haven't tried them on yet as I'm waiting for my contacts to expire for the month. They don't come cheap, that's for sure! Will have to maximise my use of them. Most unfortunately, they only come in 3-monthlies, so I'll have to make sure they're really clean after each time I wear them. You know what they say about your eyes turning all green - from bacteria!

Bacteria. Denitrifying bacteria. Ok. Random.

Off to finish up cellular respiration! Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home