[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Saturday, March 18, 2006

make it known, if only.

My thoughts are presently in a maelstrom, swirling like a big mass. It's hard trying to think about everything at one time, 'cause sometimes, it's really just too much. At one go, at least. That's what we all try to do, right? Ever tried taming a hurricane? Try harder.

This week has been delightfully eventful. For the first time in a long *long* while, I actually felt like I had a purpose - a life outside the textbooks. That I'm not confined to the A levels, to my waves of tutorials and to well...everything that school is about. I managed to spend an overnight chalet interacting with people who've dropped out of school. Most of the people were from hwachong though! So it didn't really make sense since we bunched up together almost instantly. ("senior-junior interaction". hurhur.) Almost all the hwachong people were again from the choir...and we spent a good part of the camp singing when we were walking from the beach back to the chalet and from the chalet back to the beach - times 154729 times. Do the maths and you'll realised we sang about 154729 times as well! Ok, maybe 154730, including the performance on the first night. Ha. I shared the room with Nicole and Shaoning - good fun. For the good half of the camp, we were devising ingenious ways to slack off.

Yesterday, I attended the workshop for Youth for Causes! Yay. I'm proud to say that I'm really excited about the whole CIP project since we get to organise it ourselves. We have a pretty good shot at getting selected (read : 1 in 2.5)...so I'm hoping my group will be able to pull things off.

In an effort to become a more well-rounded individual (*coughs*), I've decided to take up tennis lessons. Yes yes.

Playing Utada Hikaru's "First Love" on the piano. It's a lovely rendition. Admire the arranger loads.

Bought a new calculator today. That deserves a headline, for sure! I was pretty sentimental about my old calculator since I've used it for a good 6 years now. It's the calculator that helped me achieve A1s in both E maths and A maths! How can I forget it? *sobs* Most unfortunately, my calculator had to choose an inconvenient time to die (on me). I was ploughing through vectors in the maths block test papers and I was trying to calculate what's 25 minus 16 (yes, I'm incorrigibly lazy.) and the screen just blanked out. Often, when I press the reset button at the back, it hops back into life, but this time, it stayed just that - blank. Not even a flicker of the "ERROR" sign on the screen. Pronounced dead. So I hurriedly rushed to good ol' Northpoint to grab myself a new calculator. Somehow, I felt guilty about "betraying" my old calculator as I was choosing the new one, much like how one betrays his spouse...I'm odd, ain't I? Never mind that. Bottomline is, I'm totally infatuated with my new calculator. Spurred me on to do more maths sums (ok, that sounds wrong as well. vaguely psychotic statement.) WOOHOO. All hail the new calculator.

Right.

After all that rabid fan-like raving about my new found love, I'm off to study National Income Accounting! (see note)

NB: That "!" was a faint attempt at trying to sound enthused by the whole notion of calculating GDP, NI and all the thingamajits.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'all hail the new calculator'huh :D

(Ps: calculating gdp 'rocks my socks', to put it in a phrase i picked up somewhere)

and er...what's with the numbers? trying to invent 6D? :p

comment made by: *person of many names*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home