[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

my eyes are tired.

But I'm still going to do some complex numbers tutorial. I have no idea why I'm learning complex numbers for, except to nail that A for A levels. It's hardly relevant to anything I'm planning to do in the university!!

I didn't attend lessons today - felt uber great. The feeling you get when you go to school realising that there's not going to be any tutorials (especially bio!) is just...amazing. Joce and I pleaded Mrs Chan to return us our chem scripts since we weren't going to attend chemistry practical and...I scored A for chem too! Yay. A for maths and A for chem. That's half my goals down! The rest don't really matter, especially bio. Sometimes I think long and hard about why I have to study so hard for bio when the marginal utility starts the diminish as soon as you start revising. So. I didn't study as hard this time round and attempted to do what the ministry (*coughs and sputters*) has been encouraging all of us to do - understand the topic. Which is just an excuse for not memorising.

We sang to some international delegates at the Grand Copthorne in the afternoon. Oh oh oh, the hotel's fantastic! As we walked to our temporary holding area, there was a very strong aroma of coffee - the good quality kind. Not the one I drink every morning in my groggy state. I can't live without coffee nowadays. I'm not really awake until I have my coffee.

I digressed again. The delegates were very appreciative of our singing although bin-nam-ma was very out of tune at the end and the basses came in a whole 3 bars early at the start. Can you imagine? We all took the wrong cue, including me, from the conductor...so yes. We came in early, missed our subsequent entries echoing the tenors and hohoho, the rest didn't really matter anymore. We only came in just before the next section, which was about 10s later. SHEESH. Our conductor promised to personally strangle every single bass on monday. I'm awaiting my death.

Jonny is uber funny. We played mindless games today and he entertained me with all that anti-tenor mentality of his. Like "TS" stands for tenors suck. Haha. We don't really mean it, of course. We love you tenors. =D But not as much as the basses!

***

emcee:
let us welcome the hwachong choir!

*half-hearted claps from the delegates*

j:
you mean they've heard of our tenors already?

Give me a good reason not to laugh, really!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

seeann!!

dun rely so much on coffee laah!! detrimental to health laah!! buildup caffeiene resistance lorz.. haha.. sounds like pests building up antibiotic-resistance.. hm... some sort of parallel? :P kiddinz laah

anyway congrats for ur double A!!! tt's my aim too lah but bleahhs... got B for chem already... >.<

oh yeah.. one gd news!! we both have chem S on Monday so ms lim wun see us ;) hehz... :X:X oops oops...

lalala... yesh yesh jonny is FUNNY!! seriously laaaah... but of coz, basses rock laah!! and we rock too!!! seeeeannn!!! hahha.... oops... me gg a lil' high... i love my basses!! :D bet u too lah :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home