[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

yes, amidst the music.

on itunes: Angels and Devils by Dishwalla

Yes, in music I find solace from all my books. It's stifling trying to study day in day out and it's bleeding difficult trying to find some time to give myself in this terrible flurry of busyness - as much as I know that I'll miss this as soon as my days as a student are over. Sigh. Opposing desires, always.

Dishwalla is my favourite band at the moment! Totally gushing over the music. Some emo rock is always good, I guess. I don't exactly like the heavy sort, just more pop-ish and those that go easy on the bass, like serious! Can't stand the punk rock. Ugh. I know Opaline was released way back in 2002, but good music transcends time and it still remains a good album. Highly recommended!

I can't listen to music while I do my work, else I'll just end up humming to the tune or just singing out loud. SIGH. I wish I could just plug it in and do my maths or something. Talking about maths, I think doing the A level papers have been a relief. Their largely easier than the kind of questions we get in school, but they do ask funny questions at times. It's the 2, 3 marks questions that stump me...like....showing some equation has only one positive root. Blah. And doing chem has been ok too! Yay. Only bio's been the pain in the neck. ARGH. I take an hour or so to finish one topic so that adds up to about a good 20 hours or so working on completing the core syllabus. Depressing.

I've finished Microeconomics, but it's not done until you can write the damned essays. Oh man. I just hate writing econs essays 'cause I suck at them. Get your thoughts clear, dude. Yeah. Econs papers are in week 3 of the month of the "Yay"-Levels, so I can clear them after maths and chem is partially done.

Too much on work. GP's a wild card. I can't tell what I'll get, though an A1 will be good. Statistic's against me though. Only 70 people or so in the cohort get A1s at the A levels. 70??? That's like only 9% of the population! =((( And how on earth am I going to write as well as the humanities people who write so fluently? Talk about getting at least 15 for language.

Ok, ranting's over. Off to sleep now. More maths, bio and GP tomorrow. Frighteningly close, the A levels.

OH YEAH. I cleared the first round of interviews for the GIC scholarship!! Woohoo. The person in charge of the scholarships and thingys called me while I was taking my ritual half-hour nap in the afternoon. I almost ended up grunting over the phone. Vocabulary was reduced to "ok", "sure", "no problem". Sheesh. But that's great. Now on to say the right things. But I do want it so bad! It's a great career to have, I think. Sounds fun too! Can't say that about everything else.

Ok. Scoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home