[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Sunday, July 10, 2005

君はとても好きだったわ

For those that don't understand what that means, I do! Hahaha...It means I like you very much. Hm. That's quite weird actually 'cause in the translation from the lyrics, it means I miss you very much or something like that. Oh well. I have no idea how to pronounce that though! Haha...miki something. Ha. Zr said miki sounds better than anata. Ha...=))

I've so in love with japanese ok. Recently, I've been drowning myself in the song "watarasebashi" by aya matsuura. I was in a conversation with yanjun the other day and when I told her I'm listening to aya's songs, she told me aya sucks. *faints* Hahaha...I actually thought aya sings ok for a pop singer, considering the level of pop singing nowadays. And by that, I'm not referring to the diva league of Carrie Underwood, which leaves me swooning under her feet. But the song it nice. And the fact that it's in japanese is also waaaaay cool. Japanese pronunciation has something about it that makes it different from say, french. When you are able to rattle off in japanese effortlessly, I think it sounds cooler and much more sophisticated than if you are able to speak in french. Well, not that I can't speak french, just that I'm not fluent. =)

I'm going to find somewhere where I can learn Japanese. Ha. That's something I quite regret. If I had a choice, I would have done BOTH japanese and french as third languages. I like them both a lot. French opens up a good part of Europe, which will aid me in the future, while japanese is just pretty fun to learn. And to write! Haha...

Not forgetting that they have fantastic music. Sigh.

Ok. Gotta complete those shitty 3D trigonometry questions. DAMN.

5 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Japanese phrase means "my very favourite" or something. :P Japanese is a nice language, but I found it really difficult (probably due to my absymal Chinese standard).

I used to like French and even picked it up, but now, I think it's just a part of OLD and DECAYING Europe that is fast being overtaken by NEW Europe. Why? Because...

Les Français sont des bâtards.

=) Did I get that right?

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I retract my statement above. It should be:

Le gouvernement français est un bâtard.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger crossbearer said...

JY oh JY.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*faint*

-zen-

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU like aya matsuura??!?!?! wow. haha.
-nu er

 

Post a Comment

<< Home