[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, July 18, 2005

the end is near.

Darn. Just 6 lessons. I don't think it'd be that painful, will it? The fact that I can't really swim doesn't help, but 6 lessons. Ah. Just 6 of them. I figured I'll just wade around in the baby pool and suffer the embarrassment of having to walk my way to the other end of the pool since I can't bloody swim. Oh bollocks! It sure beats having to do my 2.4km run though!

I had a great time at school today. Perhaps I should define "great" for a minute. No, not ooo-ah-ay "great" but better-than-the-normal-bored-crap-I-get-everyday "great". I understood all the lectures, including the one by OAG. Lolol. At least that's the last lecture she's giving us.

French lesson today was fantastic. We were doing a debate about whether marriage is beneficial, why or why not. My group had Victor and Mélanie on our side, so translation to french was no problem at all! Hahaha...We even learnt some swear words! But that's inconsequential, really! It was quite fun having them around and in my group. Wahahaha. Very amusing, to say the least.

Swimming tomorrow. Bah. I feel so stressed already. Choir's stressing me to no end and I can't dismiss the nagging guilt of not going for so many practices. It's just for a few more months and perhaps, I wouldn't drop french for the world. French classes are fun and it's challenging to do the language at AO level. Mr Chan's really nice too. Helps that he allows us to eat and sms in class!

I was just talking with Charmaine over MSN the other day. She remarked about her missing the language centre. Hm. I think I'll miss the language centre a lot when I actually finish my AO levels there. Afterall, some of my best lessons in school were held at that pretty elusive building tucked away in one corner of Bishan. French has been fun to study, though I'd admit that it was torturous during sec 3 when they were slamming us with all the hardcore grammar. Now at AO levels where grammar is expected to be "there", we get to do more interactive stuff like debates and watching videos for listening comprehension and all that crap. It's pretty useless and not very constructive, but it's FUN. Sigh. I've ambivalent feelings about third language, really. One part of me is proud that I managed to pull through, or rather, will pull through, 5 years of learning a foreign language while the other part of me is bitching about how long the hours are and how the lessons always seem to clash with CCAs. I love french, period. Never mind the not-so-fluent standard of mine, but at least I can hold myself rather decently in a conversation.

I'll do my DELF 1 and DELF 2 exams soon. Perhaps next year? I think I might do them all at one go, since DELF 1 is easy and DELF 2 is rather much like the AO level standard. I want my diplômes!

Ok. Off to mug biology for the one hour twenty minute tutorial tomorrow. How painful.

[edit] Yes, click here for the pictures to the NDP rehearsal show. T'was great fun![/edit]

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah its cool dat u actually get a chance to learn a foreign language. eh jiayou n hold on!!! maybe next time can migrate to france.

hahah when i was at hc think i saw u from v v v far away! guess u were with victor then. hahaha aw didnt get to see him.

anw have fun with swimming=D lols

mav

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger BenJ said...

Out of 6 lessons, you fall sick on 2 lessons and hope for a holiday on 1 lesson and maybe it rains on 2 lessons and there! 1 swimming lesson left!
Haha, it is possible ok.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i'm a loyal OAG fan lar,i always go for her lectures very attentive one somemore, can you believe it?!
swim...swim, don't remind me of that...
-xinying-

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger lun said...

hahas swimming is ok once u get used to it. was deathly afraid of putting head in water before but now its ok. lol.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

wah!! xinying is a loyal OAG fan?! haha... can see lah... since you two same pattern de.. :X:X

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bring your Victor friend to church this Sunday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home