[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

like butter on bread

I need to rant a little. I'm beginning to think that I've taken on too many things for my own good. But I'll carry on. Already, I'm feeling like I'm being spread like butter on bread - a thin layer, at that! Yes, breathe. Ah.

When I was in secondary one, which was eons ago, I had to endure the pains of swimming lessons for PE. The dark and humid changing room, the embarrassment of being labelled the "D" group for the hopelessly landbound mammals and not forgetting the fact that we were all wadling around in the baby pool while the others were learning life-guard skills in the 1m to 1.6m pool. It all amounted to a whole lot of embarrassment. I still remember Abel was with me then! But I bet he's like a proficient swimmer now. I mean, you can't possibly remain landbound for 4 years of your teenage years, right? Right. I did. I'm still as human as I'm supposed to be - on land, that is. I don't think I was ever built for the water. No streamline body shape (thank God!), no big feet and no big hands. Hm. I can swim like, ten metres? But that's all I can go.

Guess what. I'm going to have swimming lessons for the next ten weeks of PE. When Ms C said that, my heart instantly paused for a few beats and I was in a comatose for a good 5 seconds as all the *bad* memories came flooding back. ARGH. How can I ever survive PE lessons? To think I was quite happy that our class didn't get to do football. Any other sport would have been fine. I'd even volunteer for Dance sport. Swimming really beats them all that being the most unpopular sport for PE. Ok. Tiff, Xuanyi and I are going to form the LMC. No, not some economics jargon again, but that stands for landbound mammals club. Application is open to all who can't swim and would like to have some "comrades" who are equally hopeless at perfecting the art of the synchronising your four limbs to survive in the waters of the swimming pool.

Ok. Bad news aside. I had a dinner hosted by the french embassy (take that!) at Beaulieu House, which is a quiant little restaurant off Sembawang Park. Happens that Sembawang Park is about ten minutes away from my house, which is good for me. Haha...I sat next to Victor, of course. At first, I was rather dismayed that Victor chose to sit at that table since I had already found good seats beside Anrong and Damien. Damien has cool Jedi hair. I shall take a picture of his hair the next time. Hehehe. Anyway, I was sitting with this whole table of RGS girls. No, I don't have anything personal against RGS girls, but the thought of sitting with a whole table of girls is well, frightening. Thank God the people at my table were very very humourous. Hahaha...I think it'll be great fun at the end of the year when we have the long flight to Paris. More bonding time with the sec 3 guys will be great too!

Shall post some pictures that Victor took - sometime. Now, it's time for bed. Sore throat, runny nose and a tad of a fever. Plus the fact that I'm going to be thrashing about in the water like a madman for the next ten weeks. Bleak. What could get worse!

Now you don't tell me.

6 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolx...can I join the LMC even though I don't have to take swimmming lessons for pe and I don't know anyone inside besides you? ^^; was in the 'D' group too, but at least I got 15m with freestyle :p haha...
get well soon ^^~

-judith

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap, really gotta swim ar..shit, though i was in A grp (the grp doing lifesaving skills), that as you said was EONS ago..i think i've forgotten how to float...
crap! i don't wanna be seen in tt revolting swimming costume, so fat and ..urgh! SHIT LAR..NO SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-xinying-
bleah..cry for me!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

oh gosh... swimming is SERIOUSLY BAD!!! not as if you didnt know... betya if my class kena swimming then the girls will start screaming... xinying you know who rite? haha :X:X and i wld join the LMC if i kena swimming but thankfully not... :X:X hehz... JIAYOU for your lessons!! you will get it someday de! :):)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL... My sympathy goes to you man... Time to start ponning...

-Zen-

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what could get worse... But I won't mention anything since you've imposed a gag order. =)

Hm... you seem very pro-French... Are you going to celebrate Bastille Day? =P

Je souhaite le jour heureux français de Bastille!

Jacques Chirac peut aller à l'enfer.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger crossbearer said...

I hope no french reads this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home