[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

When in doubt, take pictures.

Seriously, short days really complement my sleep cycle. I zonked out for 4 hours straight in the afternoon as soon as I got back from school. School today was rather full of crap. 80 minutes of project work, when my teacher wasn't even there, another 80 minutes of PE, when I did nothing except walk from the college section and to the swimming pool and finally with another 40 minutes of maths. *clicks tongue* What a waste of time!

But I like. Ha.

Much has happened over the past few days but it has just been because the Lazy Sean has taken over me again and I'm just too friggin' tired to update.

Last Sunday, I brought him to the Night Safari!! Can you believe how expensive the tickets are nowadays? 24 dollars for the admission ticket with the tram ride included. Outrageous! Preposterous! My dad gave me 50 dollars, admittedly thinking that the admission ticket only probably costs about less than 20 dollars? I ended up having TWO miserable dollars left - with which I could do absolutely nothing with in the park since a can of coke costs so much you'd think you were using banana notes.

Anyway, took a few pictures.

That badly taken picture on the right there is of a fish that's about as big as I am. It was huge. I just had to take a picture of it to show you guys. Just imagine. There were tons of people gawking at this colossal fish instead of looking at the animals in the night safari. Whadd'ya think?

The Night Safari tram ride was the best ride I've taken I think. The commentators that described the trail along the way spoke very well, except one who just couldn't resist the urge to prefix all her sentences with "ladies and gennn-tlemen, booooys and girrrrls". Hello, this isn't a circus for crying out loud!

Apparently, I found it quite hard to take pictures since you couldn't take pictures with flash photography. Fine, I didn't know how to turn off the flash on my camera. And I was too lazy to call my mum to ask. Bollocks.

Some people were having finger spasms on the trigger of the camera during the tram ride and it was quite hilarious how the commentator had to keep reminding them NOT to take pictures using the flash function. Shocking.

"Welcome to the night safari, the world's first night safari. Before we begin on our trail, allow me to remind you that flash photography is not (special emphasis placed on this word!) allowed as it will startle the animals.

Look towards your right and you'll catch sight of a -insert name of animal-.

*flash flash*

Allow me to remind you that flash photography is not allowed during this tram ride and throughout the Night Safari.

*flash flash flash*

Flash photography is not permitted in the Night Safari. Please keep your cameras away.

*flash flash*

I said, stop fuggin' use the flash function for goodness sake! Don't you understand English?

*
proceeds to yank tourist out of the seat and feed him to the lions. The lions seem dormant, but they're HUNG-ry. Rrrr*

Ah. Much better. Please be reminded that flash photography is not allowed. *add smiles and glitters*"

OH alright. She didn't say the words in bold and no, she didn't throw uncooperative tourists into the lions' enclosure, but what she did was she repeated her instruction about 4 times in less than a minute.

So much for "understanding English".

***

Next came the immersion programme farewell dinner which took place last night. It was so much fun at the dinner! Christl and I were so "high" after the dinner we proceeded to have a trigger happy time. Lol.

Christl and I posing for the camera. Christl's camera ran out of battery after taking four pictures in school. God knows what is wrong with her camera. How can it drain the battery life so quickly like a thirsty man in a desert who's just found water from an oasis?

We took this picture at first because she was sitting just right next to me - that's before Orlanda "kidnapped" her to the other table because Melanie was there and she couldn't leave Melanie to be correspondant-less. Oh well. Xuewei sat next to me in the end. She's a nice person too! Rajeev was on my right but he was pretty much reserved, only asking Simon whether he's alright since he was always sulking. Hehe.


All the dancers in the dance performance. Poor things. They had to suffer under the tyranny of the maniac and PMS-y dance instructor. Tsk tsk tsk. He was raving mad, I tell you.

"You're always late you know! I don know wad you're doin'!" *grammatical mistakes are intentional.*

In a nutshell, all the dancers were terrified of him because he has only one form of communication - bitch. ARGH. Can someone please award him or something? He even threatened to take Isaac out of the rehearsal because he wasn't paying attention. I mean, at the full dress rehearsal for all the flying cows in the world! I would have screamed my head off at him if he did that to me. Thankfully, I was in the song performance. Much saner, thank you.

The girls who sat at my table were great. They were amusing, amusing and amusing. Ha. The girl in the centre's from the choir too! Soprano 1! Woot. Anyway, I'm so sorry girls, 'cause I can't remember your names! Eeps.

What you see in their hands is a bowl of yam rice, which we could not finish. It was the last dish before the dessert and by then, I was stuffed with all the dishes before, like this disgusting vegetable soup, that looking at the waiter serve us the rice made me want to puke.

Yes, the rice was good, but just look at the humongous portion! ARGH!!


Timon (I think!) and Adrien displaying a duel of french boxing. Interesting! Do you know that you can use your elbows and your knees in french boxing? Ok, perhaps you didn't! =)

That's Melanie on the right! =) This was a short skit on Sun Wukong, which is a mythological character. Ok, he was a friggin' monkey endowed with special powers. Whatever. But the skit was especially funny because everytime Melanie asked a question, the girl on the left (whose name I can't remember as well!) would reply "mei you", which is Mandarin for "I didn't", in this particular context. It was soooo hilarious the way she said it because it was thick with the french accent and the fact that she had to say it 5 times just cracked me up good. Lol.

French girls doing Taekwondo. Don't mess with them! The girl on the right has really cool hair! She's got pink streaks at the side of her hair. Whoa. Try that in schools here and I assure you, your discipline master will go into convulsive fits and he'll be foaming at the mouth in no time at all. They were really good at taekwondo. Carrine looked very professional in the taekwondo attire. =)


Oh my goodness. Johan can juggle so well! He managed to juggle FIVE balls, alright! Now how many of us can even juggle three? Tsk tsk. It was amazing to see him do that, especially with much ease.

That's a picture of their item before their finale. It was a dance movement on stage to a french 80s dance number. It was extremely fun!! We were all dancing! hahaha...and they seem to had a fun onstage.

As you can see, they did a short but entertaining performances. We were very ashamed with our song and dance performances after that because it was so simple compared to theirs! Argh. And we're the hosts.

That's Victor, Sophie and Line. Sophie's Victor's girlfriend now. She's a very nice person and I'm so glad they're together. In fact, they've been together only recently and it was no surprise really, when I asked him, 'cause they were really close friends at the start of the immersion programme.

You know, there are some things in life you know you'll never forget and I think this immersion programme is one of them. I've learnt a lot hosting Victor and although I wouldn't say my french has improved big time, I've learnt about the importance of being a good host! Sigh. They're leaving tomorrow. That's fast. 3 weeks are gone in a flash. I'll remember everything that happened. Especially the time he asked me to get a cab for him to take to Borders just so that he could join Sophie for the release of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Altogether now, AWWW.

Vous me manquerez.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Wen said...

lol. haven been here in a longgg time. aha. the commentator sounds dumb lar. lol

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger catriona said...

BAH BAH BAH fun and interesting life you've got thankew so much for the big contrast with my life you're showing here=X haha ignore me..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home