[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, August 11, 2005

French AO level exam

Oh dang. I think I'm going to get an earful from the HOD of languages tomorrow when I tell him, horror of horrors, that I haven't been registered for the French AO level exam. ARGH. Georgia told me that he's already reprimanded nagged at her for not noticing the error on the validation slip. Thing is, I didn't even have that problem of not registering for the french exam last year when I was in the authoritarian school! UGh. I was the only candidate sitting for the french exam! And now when there are like 5 of us, they didn't have the decency to liase
with the centre about who's sitting for the exam and who's not. *rolls eyes* I'm not pointing fingers at the school, oh no no no. I'm just friggin' pissed at how the language centre and the school must be two separate entities - no communication between the two at all. It always has been that way, even when I was in ol' rusty RV. Please, for goodness' sake, at least check with the centre about the candidate list? Furthermore, there's always a schedule clash with the programmes at the language centre. Apparently, some people don't even know the language centre exists. ARGH!! Frustrated.

Called the hotline and it sounded as if I was interrupting her coffee break. I kept getting the feeling that she was trying to shoo me away.

"Ok, sir? You just check with your school, alright?"
"But you mean that I..."
"You see, you're a school candidate, so if your school has made special arrangements for you, then you'll have to work with your school."
"But...oh well, ok."
"Thank you, sir."

And she hanged up the phone before I even had the chance to say bye. *hollers*!!

***

That being said, I managed to speak with Georgia on the bus journey back in french! Woot. I can't believe it myself. French for 35 minutes straight! Plus about 20 minutes at the bus stop. I actually survived, albeit lapsing a little into english when I forgot about the registration screwup. But still...oh man, it was satisfying. I should learn more vocabulary. Yeah.

French AO peeps, we should speak to each other in french! As much as possible, anyway. It'll be good practice for the AO oral exam. We all know it isn't as easy as it seems. Gags.

***

Next week will be another week filled with hectic days.

Monday
Biology Science Practical Assessment (dies. I have no idea whatsoever about what to write for photosynthesis. Time to rely on the O level biology textbook.)
Timed assignment for economics (great. I haven't prepared my plans yet!)
French oral presentation on education in France compared to Singapore (As you might have guessed, I haven't started writing my script yet. Yay!)

Wednesday
Test on applications of differentiation ('Nuff said. Differentiation. Period.)

Oh well. Will have to pull through somehow. God, please give me a breather this weekend. Help me keep my hands off Maplestory even though I'm dying to wear the orange split jacket at level 18. Please? Just for this weekend.

I'll just level till 15. Just 30% more to go.

Then just another 100% more to level 16.

Oh, gags. Now you know how people get addicted to silly childish games like Maplestory. I testify to that. Ha. Ha. Ha.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Edmund said...

haha yeah man! i know how frustrating it is when ppl ask you wat MOELC is... hahahaha... and must spk more french!! yeah man!! try doing tt in sch lah i promise i try my best to understand :X:X heez... and jiayou jiayou!!! you can do it de lah :)
and dun get so stressed up lehz... ever need help just tell me yah? ;) and yeah. dun get addicted.. hahaha :P:P:P:P:P god bless! :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger iCe said...

Hey!!! maplestory is not a silly childish game!! haha..I have quite a number of buddies older than me ingame. anyways. how did you come across my blog? hmm. are you playing aquila or bootes? yes, i agree, don't get too addicted to maple. (<--this coming from an addict...haha)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger iCe said...

oh ok i read further on and saw your photo haha. so we met in the song composition class. =P anyways, i think black split is better coz it adds intelligence. although i wore a blue split haha. preference is more important than practicality in the beginning, but as you level up you have to sacrifice colour for +int stuff. blah. im babbling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home