[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Glorious start of the National Day weekend

Oh yesssss. The weekend has arrived! Praise the Lord. For the whole of the past week, I've been very restless during lessons, much thanks to the extremely long weekend we're enjoying now. It's almost a good five day break, meaning it's like a March holiday in the middle of term 3, which happens to be the "doldrums" of the school year.

Term 3 never works out for me. It's just the combined effect of the end of the one month break and most recently, the block tests, plus the fact that the promotional exams are just round the corner. Round the corner being about a month away! *gasp* Yes, people, wake up. That includes me, really. Considering the little attention I pay during lectures, I think I'm doomed for the promotional exams. My attention during lectures, especially chemistry (oh horror of horrors!), really wanes quickly...like the graph below.

Note how the gradient is so steep at first? That's because I'm usually too caught up with what to eat for recess...and then it just goes down...and down and down. Until it hits rock bottom when my brain turns into stone and my body just freezes solid. Nothing is gained from that point on. *sigh* The pains of a jc student.

Talking about how painful it is to be a jc student, there is the dreaded subject known as Project Work (aka the subject that everyone hates but everyone has to do it). Yes, I don't know a single person alive who actually enjoys the notion of having Project Work lessons. How artificial can it be? Training us to do a project during class time? Frankly, I can't believe the ministry actually thought this was a good idea. Sure, it helps us to work with different people (you can't choose your group mates, remember?), but that hardly explains for the need for a specific subject to measure "how well you can work with people". My groups's fine, but for people who have utter troglodytes in their group, I feel their pain. Really.

Then again, my group had one very encouraging word from our very own Dr Siva - Good. We almost hyperventilated when we saw that he wrote "good" on the front cover of our written report. Yay-ness. It's rare enough that he tries hard not to defame our group as the group with the "most problems", but to get such a compliment is just...Unbelievable. Cool beans, I tell you.

Maplestory's the new thing on the block. Ok, at least for me. I'm aware that most people there are kids who really have too much time on their hands to burn and I realise that I should be spending my time completing all the undone tutorials that are mounting on my table by the day, but gimme a break! I need one. I was almost looney last week because I felt that I was living in a time warp with each second passing like an hour. The weekends really zoooom past me. I hardly realise that they're even there! Then there's the start of school again. What a bummer.

Gotta stay back in school for makeup biology practical after the celebrations on monday. Yep. A full two hours of practical, after everyone has jumped and gone high on drugs songs that seek to perpetuate the idea of "national identity" and "stayers not quitters", we have to stay back to observe slides of what-have-you. If only it were dissection! =(

7 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

ehz... bio prac kinda fun lah... NAIL VARNISH!!! weeeeeeeeee haha.. sorry... have a fun time peeling :P:P:P

ehhz.. i got chemo from 1130 - 1pm lah!! tsk tsk.. maybe we can go out after tt.. :X haha..

have fun this hols! :D

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

ehz... bio prac kinda fun lah... NAIL VARNISH!!! weeeeeeeeee haha.. sorry... have a fun time peeling :P:P:P

ehhz.. i got chemo from 1130 - 1pm lah!! tsk tsk.. maybe we can go out after tt.. :X haha..

have fun this hols! :D

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolx..no chem :p welcome to the anime world~:p and I don't mean to rub your nose in further, but really, 190 days for 25 epis(ref prev. entry) is way too long...x_x;; and incidentally, my pw group is full of 'troglodytes'(not all thankfully). btw, your display pic is cool :p have a good weekend!
-judith

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger BenJ said...

enjoy ur holiday and u will do fine for ur promos lah. compared to me the ultimate slacker.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again thanks for the note.really i enjoyed reading some of july archives,and i liked it.Dinner with all girls can be so fun,in fact when we go out isit usualy next to girls mes amies,ca rend l'ambiance plus a l'aise pour moi,surtout que je nul quant aux sports et ces choses la.Je suis tres desolé pour la natation c'est horrible dis le moi,moi je deteste la natation,je ne sais pas nager du tout,prie que dieu te laisse passer sainement lol...
Eh j'ai bien remarqué que t'es encore en ecole,t'as pas fini pour cette année?ou est l'ete chez vous?Et t'as trop de leçons c'est quoi ca!!!c'est frustrant...juste le voir ca m'embete bon comment toi qui le vit ...!!c'est heroique ..

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naughty boy... Why didn't you come for the gathering?! :P And I don't think they'll be scrapping PW any time soon... ;)

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pw is dumb. period. ;) (my group just handed in our gpp last wk. what could be worse)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home