[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Impending promotional exams!!

Newsflash: HCI promotional exams are due in 4 and a half weeks' time.

If that doesn't wake you guys up, I'm bloody surprised. I almost fell off my chair when Mdm Kua was writing out the timeline for the next few weeks to come. Turns out, there isn't much time left. Week 10 will be about only half a week since wednesday is the day for the teachers' day celebrations (yet another one!) and thursday is a school holiday. Thereafter, it'll be the September holiday, which isn't much of a break if you ask me...then 2 and a half weeks before we're up to the guillotine. Alright alright. It's not that bad! Just imagine yourself going through two weeks, or thereabout, of papers and then...you'll be free as a lark! Off to Orchard Road! To Maplestory (*excited gush*)! To the library! To the...What-have-you! Oh, what a delightful prospect. But till then, hell reigns so we better pull up our soggy socks and start working our butts off. Wheeee.

Managed to complete 8 questions on Maclaurin's Series before I almost shredded by paper into bits after I got the third derivative wrong again. Maths. Is. Crappy. Period. URGH.

I even pulled through editing my EoM! And this is my third draft, mind you. I know of groups who have just done their GPP? Which my class had to hand in erm...before the June break? Sheesh. Dr Siva really pushes us to the max, 'cause he believes S7 people apparently "can do it". In my opinion, it's just bollocks. Blah. My class is admittedly one of the weakest classes in the whole of the S7 faculty and if he thinks of us so highly...I just don't know what to say.

Thursday's down and there's only Friday left to slog through. Fridays are good once french lesson begins. Yep. French is good. French is fun. But not when prelims are freakin' next week! Sheesh. I'm going to hyperventilate from all the stress accumulating. Call it post-promos/prelims syndrome. Almost all JC one students fall victim to the debilitating disease.

Quote of the day, "So, you take french. Do you have a french curve?"

Goodness me. That was so random I thought she was just joking with me! In fact, she had forgotten to bring her french curve to school for the Bio SPA and was hoping that for some funny reason, I'd have a french curve. Now, normally people don't bring french curves to school 'cause it's just irrelevant and unnecessary. But thank her lucky stars. I'm too lazy to pack my bag and it happens that I left it in my bag after the bio SPA on monday. Lol. Passed it to her and now I'm "the french guy with the french curve". Call that amusing, or what?

3 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Edmund said...

ehz!!! maths is fun lah!!! though McCl2 is just tedious.. bleeahhs.. :X but i finished!! weee.. :X:X okok dun start killing me...
and ermz.. my class also super bad de lah mind you... the only class with no bio O person... and 70 is known for not doing well for studies.. kinda notorious class if you ask magtan tt is...
haha... so you are the french guy with the french curve.... why not make it... the french guy with the french curve who takes french loaf after french kiss....
:X:X hehz!!! sounds fun.. :X:X

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut,il me semble que ce monsieur avant moi il aime le mot french!!lol,il l'a utilisé presque 100 fois.Oh mon dieu,tu m'a fait revivre les sentiments que j'ai eprouvés avant mes exames promotionnels,c'etait horrible,avec un mois et demi de revision,mais j'ai reussi en fait,et maintenant j'ai tout l'ete a m'ennuyer.Mais c'est pas ton cas il me semble que tu trouveras tant de choses comme passe temps.Je te souhaite la meilleur chance,et concentre toi, c'est sur que tu peux le faire.
Et je crois vraiment parfois il y a ces etoiles de fortune , qui nous sauvent les fesses de temps a autres.lol...adieu monsieur français portant toujours l'arc français :b ..bye

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger catriona said...

hahahahaha i'm having french oral next week..just great..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home