[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, August 15, 2005

Triple whammy.

It's a monday. I've got the blues. I've got Maplestory hangover from yesterday after levelling to level 18. I've got a 5.20pm day. I've got 3 tests/assessments. What could be worse?

In fact, today was a great day!! I mean, when you compare it with other shitty mondays. Mondays are usually synonymous with the words "boredom", "long" and "what the hell am I doing in school?". Sometimes, it's just a mix of all three. But hohoho. Yours truly decided yester-night to adopt an Optimistic Outlook today! And did it work? You bet! That's why I'm going to take a positive stance to everything I'm going to talk about today! Monday blues? Some other time. =)

Economics timed assignment. Seriously, they couldn't have been kinder on this one. I can't believe I'm saying it either, but face it guys,

THEY GAVE THE EASIEST QUESTION.

Alright. Not that it'll ensure that I do well, but at least I can pull through with at least a pass? Phew. However, I did suffer from involuntary muscle spasms after the one hour because I was writing so fast I thought my hands would catch fire. I really think I saw my fingers twitching a little after the paper. A little, but still!! Sheesh.

Bio SPA went ok too! No cell drawings, thank God. I was getting nightmares about how to draw cells yesterday and how I would explain all the photosynthesis processes. Dark cycle...Rubisco...Whatever! I couldn't be bothered about it! Bah. The biology lecture was somniferous today as usual - I was on the verge of landing a PR in lala-land. Something tells me Mrs Tan was too busy looking at the row in front of her, which was filled with - most fortunately for me - boys who were drifting off to dreamland too. One of the guys was caught and was forced to stand throughout half the lecture. That really woke me up. As bored as I was reading about the bloody enzymes which have such long names like reduced nicotamide adenine deoxy-whatever phosphate, I had to stay awake. Gee. Will have to review more on photosynthesis during the weekend.

French oral presentation wasn't too good. I delivered my script fair enough, but when the questions came, I was caught unprepared.

"What was the most recent reform on the education system in France?"

And I had to reply in french. O_o'''

My classmates were spontaneous though, asking questions like "do you think the education system here is better than over there?". Haha...

I thought Bryant's topic was the best.

Le Créole Français en Haïti - The french language in Haiti. Woot! Really cool. Like "je me suis en train de parler" is "M ap pale" in the language there. Woah. Haha...Was thoroughly amused. It really shows how much the french language has evolved over the years in different countries around the world. Yay. I love french.

I'm so tempted to do A level french right now, but hell. I wouldn't drop any of my current subjects for it. Perhaps if I had done A level french in VJC and not touched economics at all, I would have been happier. But for now, let me ravish the last of my french lessons. Prelims is afterall, just next friday (*gulps*).

***

My brother is uber funny. We were just joking outside the door two days back. Somehow, he just began to talk about stealing the whole rack of our neighbour's shoes and placing them conspicuously at ours. For what, you ask? Don't ask me, the reason still eludes me. But he's one hella funny guy. We came up with this hypothesised situation when if the neighbour sees you wearing one of his shoes and he asks politely, "Is that my shoe?" You should hesitate a little and while giving a very cynical look to him, say,

"No..."

Oh my goodness. Absolutely mind-boggingly hilarious. Cracked me up for ages until I was in stiches. Sheesh!

5 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stealing neighbours shoes, that's one cute idea...why not hop into their car and say "no, it's MY car..."
nvm, not funny at all
rubisco...lols
-xinying-

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. My site atweight loss also deals with weight loss

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tu sais ,je suis désolé que tu n'as pas bien fait ton french presentation,vraiment , c'est rigolant , comment on parle le français , la-bas,et c'est pas exclusif haiti, partout en afrique,c'est horrible , on derive le français...a peine on prononce les lettres,c'est honteux...Et tres bien pour l'attitude positive que tu adoptes , continue et courage ...

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger crossbearer said...

Haha...Benjamin, I've been part of the presbyterian community for a year! Haha...

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

yays!!!! 3/8 presbyterians... wee!! :D:D hahah so coooollll

must make the whole bass section go be presbyterian-ers!!! weeee... haha paiseh going a bit the hyper... hm.. oh yah my church having worship nite on 27aug 7-9pm.. can come ?? :):)

and your bro is sooooooooo funny!!! hahaha... gd lorz... jiayou for french!! :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home