[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The mounting stress.

It's amazing how one sms managed to make me enter the emotional doldrums and stress all-time high zone almost immediately. All it took was just one. Single. SMS. That's how easily affected I am. Do not be mistaken by this though. Most of the time, I'm as happy-go-lucky as can be...Or at least I think I am. Like the friggin' chemistry test which I couldn't be bothered to study for - and ended up barely making the grade. =S But sometimes, circumstances change...and voila~ You're in the dumps! Welcome our PR! Sheesh. Judith and I used to crack jokes about how each of us deserved a permanent residence in the dumps or even at times, citizenship 'cause we're almost perpetually feeling moody. Gah gah gah// I must shirk that side of me. It's not doing me good. Just look at me! I look hagged and jaded. And I'm only 16!! 16 year olds are supposed to look youthful and not look as if they've already gone through almost everything life has to dish at them. Ok. A picture of Hilary Duff suddenly came to mind. Don't ask me why.

Oh. Maybe because she's looking oh-so-good and trendy and she's already on to making her n-th million dollars while I'm here, looking as if I haven't got a clue what the word "sleep" means and frantically scribbling my answers to my tutorials? Oh. That's why.

And that lucky guy beside her. PFSH!!

***

Teachers' Day's tomorrow. YIPPEE. That means a 10.30am dismissal. Wow. It even sounds wrong saying "10.30am dismissal". Most criminal. But WHO CARES!! It's time to go parrrr- people! =)) Can't wait to see all the old foggies back at rv. Not to mention a quasi-class gathering. Yay yay yay. Then it's back to school for choir till 6pm. Not exactly ecstatic, but when work has to be done, it has to be done. (Reminds me of my tutorials!! Ok, that was sporadic enough.) After which, it's Kerwei's farewell dinner at Fish and Co. Gee. I can feel the heat sizzling at my pocket already. But oh well. My second class outing which I'm actually attending. I don't mind class dinners. Love the food, love the company.

***

Oh yes, before I forget, biology olympiad practice round didn't go too well. *gulps* 11/40. Beeeeeeeeg LOLLAGE. I didn't even need to check, 'cause I knew I was just guessing for the most part of the test (read: 38 questions out of 40). *sigh* I'm not afraid of getting the boot though. That'll mean free tuesdays. But please please please let me stay on if they can afford one more loser on the team. I promise I'll chomp up my Campbell after the promos! I do I do I do.

That was Nerd enough. But no, I won't ingest and digest my Campbell book because I'm just going to end up with constipation in the end. Just imagine, I spent 3 whole days figuring out the weeny topic of immunology - and there are a good 40 chapters in Campbell, I think. Go figure!

***

Time to make my Cinderella-like exit. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince rocks. Anyone who has yet to read it should be transmogrified into a toad with nine legs! SHOO.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL... The reasons behind our existance are pathetic... MUG

-Zen-

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

heyz!! take care yeah my dear? ermmz.. hope the sms wasnt from me?? haha... even if it is... jiayou and hang in there yeah? ;)

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bleah..i didn't go back rv..how was it? fun..i bet!
your freakin mad abt bio...read campbell, you go! i can't be bothered to buy the book..much less able to lug it home..it's like HOW thick...lalala
-xinying-

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah je suis desolé pour le 11/40, ca se passe ...le plus important est que tu te fatigue pas infiniment,vraiment attention c'est pas sanitaire...Et je crois que moi aussi je me sens vieux sans meme rien avoir vu ...
good luck , best of luck , and bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home