[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, August 29, 2005

Plethora of tests

Yes, it's a "plethora" of tests presently. This week is swarmed with tests, both tomorrow and on friday. Tomorrow's tests include biology olympiad practice round and also french preliminary exam, written paper. Sigh. Even though I know I'll probably do ok for my written paper since there's a good 2 hours 45 minutes to complete the paper which we usually do in 2 hours, I still need to squeeze all the marks out of my comprehension and my essay. We went through the cloze passages in class today and by golly! I made so many mistakes it was bruising my ego! =(( But oh well. That's my weakest section...so I'll have to mug up on all the closures that I've done over the past year. ARGH. And biology olympiad. What can I say. I've only made sense of immunology!!

Today passed relatively quickly. Must have been the multitude of air-conditioned venues we managed to have our tutorials in. Don't belittle the power of the AIR-CONDITIONER. *in a evil Sauron-like voice* It was sweltering hot today and it didn't help the least bit that it was combined assembly today at the school-next-door. *rolls eyes* Spent a good twenty minutes cooking myself under the boiling morning sun. The rest of the day was unbearably ovenlike too. I was perspiring like there was no tomorrow even as I was walking from one lecture theatre to the other. Beat that. By the time it was 5.20pm, I was already doused in my disgustingly foul-smelling perspiration. If only I had known, I would have brought a change of clothes!! Ugh. Had to tolerate the icky stickiness the entire day. Yucks.

That being said, it's a half day on Wednesday and a full day holiday on Thursday! That's great! Hark, all who would listen! T'is a blessed time to pull up your pungent and soggy socks and mug up hard for the promotional exams, which will mark the start of the reign on hell in a month. You have been warned.

ps. "JC people live for the weekends, which only last for two days."

Well said, David.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weekends? 2 days?
if you mean 2 extra days of mugging then i totally agree...weekends aint what they used to be anymore..i miss those nursery days when weekends were REALLY weekends. no hw no spelling no shit..whatever
bio O..wow sean! i'm impressed!
good luck for promos and the studying! hope you get bio S paper
-xinying-

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sean.. could u do me a favour? can u take off my link from your blog? I don't think it would be good to put it up there. thanks :)
Zi Jie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home