[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Monday, September 12, 2005

First day of school

Today went fine. I think even the weather was in my favour. =) How nice. It was drizzling at first in the late afternoon, after which it started to rain cats and dogs just as I was about to go for french. Lol. Turned out I had to walk as quickly as I could for fear of being struck by lightning. Knowing the science behind how lightning works didn't really help. I could actually see the flashes of lightning in the distant horizon. Can you imagine that? Gee. Scared the hell out of me.

Anyway, highlight of today was...the release of my french prelim results!! Yay!! I scored a miraculous 86/100!! WOOOOOT. I was extremely shocked when I received my papers. I almost fainted when I saw that I managed to score 22/25 for listening when it was so bloody difficult that I thought I was sitting for Greek listening or something. Turned out my essay was marked super leniently...plus my comprehension, which I was counting on to pull my grade up, didn't fail me. Scored 37.5/40 for that section. YAY-ness. But Orlanda's going to get the ambassador's prize or something. That prize is the most prestigious study award given to foreign language students here and they usually judge you based on your 'AO' prelim result. She managed to score 91/100. Or thereabouts I think. But still!! 91 marks...leaves me breathless. There were of course other people who scored well in certain sections as well, like Bryan who scored 88/90 for oral when I only managed to utter as much as I could in my sub-standard french, earning me a pathetic 68/90. LOL. Oh well. I'm just very very very very very thankful that I managed to bag an A1 this time round. How satisfying. Now to pull off the same feat for my "AO" french exam. The real deal this time round.

***

Swimming test tomorrow. I've decided that I'm just going to go there and drown myself or something. At best, I'd be waddling in the water, thrashing about for dear life. The prospect of me ever passing the swimming test by tomorrow is bleak. Don't even propose the idea of me even passing the treading water part...which is apparently the easiest of them all. *sigh* When will I ever get down to learning how to swim proficiently?

I've been dreading tomorrow ever since yesterday. Well, there's nothing like waiting for your own doom, huh? Just a taste of how it feels like to stand before the gallows, knowing that your life is going to end with a *thud*. Literally and figuratively.

...

And I can hardly get myself to calm down even now!! ARGH!!

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah sean , je suis extremement content pour toi, tous ces efforts t'ont remboursé une tres magnifique note !!!vraiment je te felicite...Et pour la natation , ah , quoi dire , je ne peux rien dire , parce que je la deteste ,mais je peux te souhaiter que tu ne te nois pas demain , reviens sain et sauf a la maison ..Et attention des foudres ...Et moi je frissonne quand je les vois ...mmmm...
prend soin de toi ...bye

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Edmund said...

waahhh!!! 86%???? you are crazy lah.. i nv got anywhere near tt for my malay in 4 yrs... bleeeahhs... haha jiayou for AO man!! you can do it de!! god bless god bless! :) rmb to thank Him for the results He has given you yeah? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home