[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Never say goodbye.

I think nothing sums it up better than the chinese proverb that goes tian xia wu bu san zhi yan xi. Chinese has never been my forte, admittedly, but I think that it can express extremely complex ideas very elegantly in just a few characters. Amazing. The fact that I can't exactly speak fluent mandarin is irrelevant. =P

Back to the issue. Xinying left for England today. That's like God-knows-how-many-miles away! Sigh. I thought we could stay as a class and meet up regularly, even after we graduated from that hellhole. Ok...perhaps it wasn't that bad, but still, it hit me real hard how often we will be able to meet in the future. People will get jobs, have kids (*gasp* I don't think just after ten years, right? *gasp*) and some people in the class will inevitably be overseas, pursuing their dreams. We met up as a class (ok. Just 15 of us.) at King Albert Park the other day to give a quasi-farewell party to Shining, who happens to be living for Saskatchewan in Canada. I don't even know whether I got the spelling right on that one! I still remember she had to pronounce the name of the place like 3 friggin' times before I made sense of it. Yes...it's some ulu province in Canada. =)) Sigh. Another person who's going to be so far away. How many more will there be left after ten years?

"In ten years' time, let's go to venice as a class!" - Elgina

Yes. I hope so.

***

Random thought of the day

"That must be Korean airlines or something, judging from their appearance."

*a few moments later...after more airstewardess passed by*

"Maybe it's Phillipines."

-Courtesy of our dearest 4C class chairperson (see how politically right I am?), Shumay

***

I've been so random throughout the whole day I'm scaring myself. ARGH. And I have bad hair. Double ARGH. And I listened to "If your Heart's Not in it" on the bus on the way home from the airport. Triple ARGH.

I think I just died from all that triggers.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha being random is good! i think if you and benjy and abel sit together and just talk, you'll have everyone cracking up cos the conversation will have absolutely NO STRUCTURE. haha

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger BenJ said...

shu may, i'm a very logical person ok.

Ok back on track, it's really quite sad to see our classmates leave so far away. I wonder when will our paths ever intersect again. no matter what i think 4C is still the best class i have ever been to. there's no pretence at all when we speak and we're always laughing! anyway, hope to see you soon. let's go wild wild wet again, haha, crazy.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why all the rgps ppl left already?? i am the only rgps-rv(2004) person in sg now!!! how pathetic!!

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah,vraiment le plus mauvais , angoissant mot dans le dictionnaire,bien sur n'est pas une certaine mediction,mais c'est le mot au revoir, ou plutot adieu...Never say goodbye,esperons que ca c'est vrai , mais je doute,parce que c'est pas dans nos mains en fait,c'est le destin qui decide,pourtant je crois pas en destin,je trouve qu'il y a des coincidances partout lol...venise est le milieu je crois, entre la singapoure et le canada... lol ..j'espere comme toujours que tu ne dise plus adieu a une personne que tu aimes ...bye...

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haiz...I didn't go x_x (had 3.5 hours of elit remedial *horrors!* and my dad's company family day x_x)haha...and you've always been raher random right? *check out the pic of hilary duff below hee hee* haiz...I miss 4C. :(

-judith

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy... as usual my memory failed me... Forgot tt there's a gathering... =P ...

Well, as long as internet exist, I doubt if we will be that far apart. Just sms for a gathering!

-Zen-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home