[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Friday, September 16, 2005

Maths or PW? Hm.

Tough choice I'd say! It's really a classic case of stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Both really don't appeal to me much. I mean, can you even comprehend the abstractness of calculus? Or would you rather spend your whole day doing a bloody project that doesn't seem to be beneficial to your life in any way - besides helping you to waste more time and to give you an excuse to not study.

That's what my PW ST asked my group-mate today as she was copying integration notes. HA. He went, "If you want to do maths, then don't come to...college!" Ha. I'm rather positive he wanted to append "pw lesson" at the end. But frankly, if he asked us that question, the entire class will definitely choose pw over maths. Let's face it. Project Work has almost no pragmatic value! What's the use of Project Work? At least with maths, you can open up more paths when you enter university. Project Work? What? Yeah right I'm going to do a major in "project work skills" - and end up appending BPW (Bachelor of project work studies) to my name. *YAWNS* I can't wait to be rid of project work - for good. To my dear juniors who are probably not going to experience the turmoil of having to plough through endless drafts of practically useless evaluations and whatnot, be glad. Be very glad. I can't think of a better way to waste time than to do project work in junior college. Seriously. Even maths doesn't seem so much of a torture! That's very telling, in my case!

Having said that, I'm glad it's a friday. So nothing can get me down. Not even the crappy PW lesson I had today which qualified as the lousiest lesson of the week. I should start a list for that. Hey wait. PW tops the charts everytime!!

Sudden revelations are startling. Not this one though! HEH.

Georgia, my french classmate, officially made the quote of the day! Yay!

Me, "Especially when it's raining, it's not safe to cross the big plain over there. Even if you have an umbrella at hand. No, especially if you have an umbrella at hand."

She, "Hm. But it's quite dangerous."

Me, "What is?"

She, "The workers!"

A little background information on this one. Before you can actually get to the language centre, it's necessary to cross this big span of land with a straight concrete path that joins the McDonald's at the end nearer the bus interchange to the road facing the language centre. However, as of late, there's some construction going on adjacent to the path. So, naturally, there were some "temporary shelters", I suppose, built next to the path, albeit seperated by a drain that's situated rather threateningly close to the path. (I've always secretly wondered if any blur sec one or two boy/girl has ever fallen in and got stuck there, all the while wailing for help but to no avail. HA! I have issues. I've told you. =D)

So, naturally, I was expecting a more plausible and logical answer like "lightning" in the midst of a heavy thunderstorm. And she actually said the workers. LOL// So telling of her! Haha...I was almost rolling over in fits when she said that. How can the workers do us any harm? Throw forks and spoons across the drain and hit you at the side of your head? *a very flummoxed yours truly*

***

French LEP is going to be introduced next year in the language centre. WHAT THE HELL. If I hadn't chosen economics, I would have done french LEP. Anytime! Oh well. Georgia and Bryan's mighty pissed about it since they have to self study the french literature texts while the lucky J1s who choose to enrol themselves for such an enriching programme will find themselves tackling the relatively easier option of "Civilisation", where you are required to write a 2000 word long essay on any topic (theoretically, it can be anything. Even if you examine why french people behave the way they do!) and hand it in at the end of the two year course. HOW difficult can that be? You have two whole years to write and rewrite and to edit your essay until it's perfect from head to tail. Sigh. Go Georgia and Bryan! You guys are very brave and I admire you guys a lot. I wouldn't have guts to read so much on my own! =))

Oh. And get over the french LEP thing. I know the thousand bucks is quite hard to forget...but Georgia, you already have a thousand bucks from the Chinese LEP! Haha...Bryan, too bad. HAHA. Just kidding. Just enjoy the course, really! =))

***

I mugged very little today. Shall mug econs tomorrow and biology on sunday. Thank God for weekends. Really. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home