[the voice within]

Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer. -Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mugger-phobic?

Mugger.

Since when did such a word become associated with negative ideas of a person being excessively obsessed with studying? Afterall, isn't that what we're supposed to do as students? I wish I knew myself. Having being (*surprise surprise!*) labelled as by my peers more than once, I wonder if they really mean it in jest. C'mon. Most of you guys know I'm not one. I slack more than the average joe and believe me - I spend less time studying than some of the more hardworking peeps in the class. So, just cut the crap and let me lead my life, alright?

I can't really blame them for labelling me a "mugger". I love my subjects, as most of you should know by now. At least I feel like I'm learning something at school and that I'm not just attending school just for the mere obligation of it all. Yes, from time to time, I do feel that school and tutorials can be such a b*tch...but at least that I haven't let that monster manifest itself for quite sometime now. Rather a feat. Perhaps it's because I'm from RV. OHHHH gee. You have no idea what life is like there. *rolls eyes*

Hallmark of a mugger: Have the Sloman (economics) textbook in front of him even as he types this blog entry.

I like to contradict myself. LOL//

***

Yet through it all, I think that I'm at least more appreciative of what I have and what I can do. For starters, I'm in love with all the choir songs I've sung over the past four years in RV. That's perhaps one of the saving graces in RV. The choir has taught me so much! And I miss them so - requiem, phantom of the opera, les miserables and even "all my trials". I can fondly remember singing them as a choir in my mind...they seem so vivid, like the performance was just yesterday and I'm suffering from post-concert blues. Haha...Can you believe it if I told you I played "all my trials" like 4 times and each time I sang along, I felt like crying. Yes. I'm such a wimp. Crying at the piano!! Just imagine that. Sometimes you just feel so burdened...and when you sing such songs...it just hits you how apt it all is!

All my trials, Lord, soon be over.

I've printed out the DipABRSM repertoire list! Go me!! That's a baby step to doing my diploma for piano performance. Can't do the teaching diploma nor the directing diploma 'cause I'm underaged. *rolls eyes* Like you really need to be at least 18 years old to pass the diploma! I've heard of people who have done and successfully passed their diploma when they were 13! Lol. Most of the pieces in the list are waaaaaay outta my league, especially the Beethoven sonatas. *shudders* Being the optimistic me, I surfed www.sheetmusicarchive.net in search of the Appasionnata. GOODNESS!! My eyes were getting cramps just from figuring out all the notes that are strewn all over the sonata. They're everywhere. And that's not the end of it. The sonata is ten(!!) pages long. Cue: utter shock. Gershwin, here I come!! =))

***

Madame Bovary is one big psycho. She flirts with all the men in the village. Yes, I do mean all - well, except for the apothecary, I think. But can't blame her 'cause he's really uncouthed in his ways. Then again, can you believe she actually tried to elope with another man when she's already got a daughter? And her husband is actually a doctor who's in debt. That sounds seriously wrong. A doctor in debt? How can a doctor be in debt? A doctor earns big fat cash! Well, most of the time, at least.

I can't wait to see why she actually committed suicide at the end. Haha. A sudden image of Charles Kingshaw flashed right in front of me. I actually felt sorry for him at the end of the novel...especially when Mrs Woon was doing the analysis. She was really into the book, I tell you! Raving mad...and she was getting all flushed in the face because she was so agitated. I'll never forget that lesson!

***

I think my entries are starting to get boring. I should blog less - and study more. Isn't that the natural corollary? Leisure and study, I mean. ACK. I'm NOT a mugger!!

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Edmund said...

aiyo!! crying aint a wimp lah.. just shows your emotional side... and for a guy to be come to terms with this side of him.. is not easy lah.. :)
haha... jiayou jiayou for watever you do!!! me behind you de lah :)
and yeah.. dip is crazy.. ahwells... let's er... chiong together?? haha... and beethoven is of coz siao... bleaahhs...

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well , moi je trouve que pw,peut etre plus interessant que les maths,n'importe quelle chose ,plutot quelle matiere est plus interessante que les maths.moi j'ai fait pw mais pour la bio et c'etait tres interessant,je l'ai fait a propos de la sensation gustative.
c'est domage que tu ne prens pas le français,et ne te meles pas de ces gens idiots qui a cause de leur echec commencent a se moquer de vous les gens qui savent ce qu'ils veulent , et comme tu as dit,tu prens les cours que tu aimes,et qu'ils aillent de se faire foutre,especes de rustres.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home